Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Is it worth it (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/is-it-worth-it-47632.html)

jaysay 29-05-2009 19:07

Is it worth it

Just heard on BBC Northwest News that the wife of former Roves player Colin Hendry, is back in hospital, in ICU, with problems from plastic surgery which went wrong a few years ago. This question is probably more relevant to women than men, but would you put your life at risk for vanity or would you rather carry on as you and let nature take its natural course:confused:

Margaret Pilkington 29-05-2009 19:26

Re: Is it worth it

No it definitely isn't worth it.
Colins wife was beautiful without any surgery(although she didn't think so)and the surgery seriously affected her quality of life, the quality of life of her husband and her children too, but I guess it is easy to be wise after the event.

All operations are fraught with danger....some only a little, but I would not have surgery unless it was deemed essential/life preserving.

I feel sorry for her and her family and i hope that she will soon be well again and restored to her family, where she belongs.

shillelagh 29-05-2009 19:56

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Ex-footballer wife's health blow

Theres the link for it jaysay

No i wouldnt have cosmetic surgery .. simple reason im too scared to have it done .... have only had surgery once and that was bad enough .. first i wouldnt go to sleep and then they had problems waking me up ... so no thanks ...

BERNADETTE 29-05-2009 21:52

No I would not have any surgery unless it was absolutely neccessary to save my life. Both my children were born by c-section and I have had other surgical procedures and there is no way I would put myself through pain for the sake of vanity. I am me and if you don't like me tough:)

Lilly 29-05-2009 22:23

I think if she could have seen what was going to happen she wouldn't have done it. Procedures like this take place every day without going wrong, she was just unlucky. :(

I don't blame her, just like I wouldn't blame someone who died in a plane crash for trying to get away on holiday........hundreds of planes take off and land every day without incident, occasionally one crashes but that's not what you expect when you book your flight.

emzy 29-05-2009 22:30

Given the chance, yes I would have cosmetic surgery. I know that there are risks, as with every medical procedure but I would have it done. I have 1 major issue with my body that has really knocked my confidence so despite all the risks I would have surgery.

Lilly 29-05-2009 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 717615)
Given the chance, yes I would have cosmetic surgery. I know that there are risks, as with every medical procedure but I would have it done. I have 1 major issue with my body that has really knocked my confidence so despite all the risks I would have surgery.

If I had an issue that made me seriously depressed and I had the money then I would do it but it would have to be seriously affecting my quality of life.

I don't blame anyone else for having it done, although some things you can have done seem silly to me, they may not be to someone else.

lindsay ormerod 30-05-2009 00:54

Nope, not worth the pain and hassle , surgery of any kind is traumatic and dangerous, your body isn't designed to be cut up. Nothing about my body would make me take up the option of surgery to make it look better, I have had a c section and also leg vein surgery, both surgical necessities not thru vanity!:rolleyes:

accyman 30-05-2009 01:46

my mates about to have plastic surgery

after a stag night that went wrong hes having an operation to remove an action man from his bum :D

flashy 30-05-2009 09:29

i'd have plastic surgery, i want a boob job...but thats all i'd have done

jaysay 30-05-2009 10:07

To me its bad enough having surgery for medical purposes, (I've had 4 minor ops both cataracts removed, and ulcers removed from my tongue twice)let alone for vanity, the one thing you can't do is stop the aging process, no matter how much you'd like to and that's a fact

MargaretR 30-05-2009 11:04

I don't understand why women want to have big boobs.
They are a strain on back muscles and bra straps cut into shoulders.
This big boob obsession seems like masocism to me.

If they think that they will be attractive to men, just consider what type of man will they attract - one that misses his mummy:dummy2:

accyman 30-05-2009 11:20

why is it women with no tits want bigger tits and women with bigger tits want smaller tits

maybe instead of all this plastic flying around women shoud just exchange boob fat:confused:

women however seem to be unified in thinking that their bums need to be smaller for some odd reason yet dont seem to have a specific size in mind so constantly ask their partners for their opinion who are restricted by common sense not to answer honestly lol

emzy 30-05-2009 11:39

See, although the surgery i want is classed as cosmetic there are other reasons for me wanting it done, not just the cosmetic reason. Eventhough it does problems medically there is nothing I can do (am not going into too much detail) it does affect my confidence, self esteem etc and it is something that i find very upsetting and does get me down, make me cry etc. These are my reasons for wanting it done but I just cannot afford that kind of thing

jaysay 30-05-2009 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 717705)
I don't understand why women want to have big boobs.
They are a strain on back muscles and bra straps cut into shoulders.
This big boob obsession seems like masocism to me.

If they think that they will be attractive to men, just consider what type of man will they attract - one that misses his mummy:dummy2:

Well Margaret I've always held the opinion that what don't fit in a hand is waste anyway:D