Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Tyres (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/tyres-48226.html)

emzy 08-07-2009 13:21

Tyres

Where is the cheapest place locally to buy tyres from? I need 2 new tyres and i know they wont be cheap to replace but need to find the cheapest place to buy them and have them fitted.

Anyone any suggestions??

nicola68 08-07-2009 13:24

Re: Tyres

We go to Empress Motors on Ellerbeck Road, they are resonably priced and have cheaper options too... If you want to give them a ring the number is 01254 236609

Retlaw 08-07-2009 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 727279)
Where is the cheapest place locally to buy tyres from? I need 2 new tyres and i know they wont be cheap to replace but need to find the cheapest place to buy them and have them fitted.

Anyone any suggestions??

Ist left off Hyndburn Rd, when you leave the magic roundabout going towards Asda. Why go for cheapo's when your life could depend on them.

Retlaw.

K.S.H 08-07-2009 13:58

Have a look HERE 1st to get an idea on the price for the tyre sizes you want, I got two fitted to mine recently, shopped around a bit and found THESE give me the best deal, have used them a few times in the past too, places I compared prices with were - Baxenden - Ossy tyres - T. Blanks and the place that used to be the Greyhound pub at Church
PS - dont accept his 1st price, you can knock him down a bit :D

Yeah as Retlaw says DONT buy cheap tyres, buy good tyres at the best price you can find

Eric 08-07-2009 16:46

Van Zuylen's on Concession St. .... and they will check your brakes and suspension at no extra charge when they install the tires .... and when winter comes along they will give you free installation on your winter tires .... and how come you guys can't spell?:confused:;)

Retlaw 08-07-2009 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 727323)
Van Zuylen's on Concession St. .... and they will check your brakes and suspension at no extra charge when they install the tires .... and when winter comes along they will give you free installation on your winter tires .... and how come you guys can't spell?:confused:;)

Gone bluudy native on us Eric, Tyres is Tyres them thingy bobs that you put on wheels, Tires is when tha powfagged.

Retlaw:theband:

emzy 08-07-2009 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 727286)
Have a look HERE 1st to get an idea on the price for the tyre sizes you want, I got two fitted to mine recently, shopped around a bit and found THESE give me the best deal, have used them a few times in the past too, places I compared prices with were - Baxenden - Ossy tyres - T. Blanks and the place that used to be the Greyhound pub at Church
PS - dont accept his 1st price, you can knock him down a bit :D

Yeah as Retlaw says DONT buy cheap tyres, buy good tyres at the best price you can find

Even the cheap ones are £40+ each :(

K.S.H 08-07-2009 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 727334)
Even the cheap ones are £40+ each :(

Don't complain - they ARE cheap, do you want to buy some for my car :D

Eric 08-07-2009 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 727328)
Gone bluudy native on us Eric, Tyres is Tyres them thingy bobs that you put on wheels, Tires is when tha powfagged.

Retlaw:theband:

I always thought that Tyre was an ancient city .... you know, Kipling wrote "and all our pomp of yesterday is one with Nineveh and Tyre" or somethinglike that;)

flashy 08-07-2009 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 727335)
Don't complain - they ARE cheap, do you want to buy some for my car :D

Emma, say NO to that, his tyres cost a bloody fortune, try doubling the price of your tyres and then some...and thats PER tyre

Retlaw 08-07-2009 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 727337)
I always thought that Tyre was an ancient city .... you know, Kipling wrote "and all our pomp of yesterday is one with Nineveh and Tyre" or somethinglike that;)

You mean like what Ernie Wise has just wrote.
You've missed the ne off Tyrene an old boat ur sumat.

Retlaw.

K.S.H 08-07-2009 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 727339)
Emma, say NO to that, his tyres cost a bloody fortune, try doubling the price of your tyres and then some...and thats PER tyre

OI shhhh, I might need some more soon :D

entwisi 08-07-2009 18:43

Posted via Mobile Device
Cough they can be rather expensive. But when its just 4 tiny patches of them that are the difference between stopping in time or hitting that child. . . .

Tell me you would rather save a few quid then.

Neil 08-07-2009 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 727342)
Posted via Mobile Device
Cough they can be rather expensive. But when its just 4 tiny patches of them that are the difference between stopping in time or hitting that child. . . .

Tell me you would rather save a few quid then.

It is always painful paying for tyres - I used to get mine free :mad:

What size are you looking for emzy?

emzy 08-07-2009 20:00

I'm after 205/45/R16's

And the £40+ ones were the cheap cheap ones, which i don't really wanna buy. 95% of the time my kids are in the car with me, which is why i dont want part worn or remoulds, because of my childrens safety, wouldnt risk it over a few quid to be honest