Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Whats yours and whats the cost (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/whats-yours-and-whats-the-cost-55781.html)

jaysay 23-11-2010 18:07

Whats yours and whats the cost

Over the weekend I was talking to Joan (who like me is an ex-smoker)And we were talking about ciggies and the cost. I remember when I last smoked in 1978 I was smoking Embassy no1 at he time and they were 40p a packet of 20, think they cost considerably more now. So if you smoke what your poison and what do they cost, would be very interested

MargaretR 23-11-2010 18:15

Re: Whats yours and whats the cost

to find out prices -
Quick Shop | mySupermarket

JCB 23-11-2010 20:15

£6.36 for Woodbines . Wow .

I smoke about 10 fags a day , cheapest menthol I can get . I paid £4.83 for a packet of Windsor Blue on the market today .

I know it's a stupid , expensive habit .

cashman 23-11-2010 20:32

smoke owt i can get me mitts on fer as cheap as i can get it.:eek: n don't really give a monkeys.:D

jaysay 24-11-2010 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 863858)
smoke owt i can get me mitts on fer as cheap as i can get it.:eek: n don't really give a monkeys.:D

Arise Sir puffin Billy:D

jaysay 24-11-2010 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 863851)
£6.36 for Woodbines . Wow .

I smoke about 10 fags a day , cheapest menthol I can get . I paid £4.83 for a packet of Windsor Blue on the market today .

I know it's a stupid , expensive habit .

Its surprising JCB Willy Woodies were always the cheapest now they are one of the dearest, remember a mate of mine used to smoke woodies, he said it was because he didn't like big ciggies, that is until they started charging on strength not size then he changed to B & H,:D heard this morning that Capstan Full Strength are now about £8-50p for twenty:eek:

JCB 24-11-2010 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 863952)
heard this morning that Capstan Full Strength are now about £8-50p for twenty:eek:

Hell fire .

I had a friend who smoked them . I enjoyed an occasional one off him . It was a good smoke . He used to dip the end of the fag into a tin of menthol tobacco , and it gave it a menthol flavour .

jaysay 24-11-2010 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 863959)

, and it gave it a menthol flavour .

Before destroying your lungs:D

flashy 24-11-2010 11:50

i smoke baccy with menthol tips, the amount that i smoke is quite pathetic really, i buy 12.5g which costs me just short of £3 and it lasts me.....2 weeks

junetta 24-11-2010 14:10

Really cheap here. It costs me around eleven euros for two hundred ciggies and it´s one euro fifty for a pack of tobacco.

It´s so easy to smoke too many but things may change when Spain changes it´s smoking rules next year.

jaysay 24-11-2010 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 863991)
i smoke baccy with menthol tips, the amount that i smoke is quite pathetic really, i buy 12.5g which costs me just short of £3 and it lasts me.....2 weeks

Yer not even playing at it Shaz might as well kick it altogether:D

Gremlin 24-11-2010 18:59

I stopped smoking in 1974 and was getting through 60 Senior Service a day.
No help at all, just said to myself "This is costing me a fortune, what a mug", I never smoked again after that and told people how easy it was to stop dead, ( I was not telling the truth) and I didn't dare start again for fear of people taking the mickey.
After about a year I had saved up so much money that I managed to sell a two litre Ford Capri and buy Jack Walkers two year old BMW 5.25 for cash.
If my wife stopped we would have a Rolls Royce in the garage now.

Eric 24-11-2010 19:10

I smoke way less than I used to. Now I smoke "Chiefs" which I purchase on the Rez: that's on the Tyendenaga Mohawk First Nations Territory. They cost about $12.00 a carton of 200; you can do the conversion. There are cheaper ones, at around $8.00 A carton; but, I like "Chiefs". If I were silly enough to buy them in the local store, I get premium brands at $7.50 a pack of 25. But on the Rez there is no tax. One can buy premium brands of Canadian or American cigs tax free on the Akwesasne Mohawk Territory which is in Quebec, Ontario, and New York State.

flashy 24-11-2010 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 864079)
Yer not even playing at it Shaz might as well kick it altogether:D

i could give up quite easily tomorrow John, i go days at a time without bothering with them, last time i gave up altogether i put over a stone on so i'm damned if i do and i'm damned if i don't, since starting smoking again i've lost 2 stone (in the last 12 months)

Tealeaf 24-11-2010 22:47

Hello....looks like the thought police have been pounding their beat again...another post sent off into the wild yonder of cyberspace.