Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2010, 18:07   #1
Resting in Peace

Whats yours and whats the cost

Over the weekend I was talking to Joan (who like me is an ex-smoker)And we were talking about ciggies and the cost. I remember when I last smoked in 1978 I was smoking Embassy no1 at he time and they were 40p a packet of 20, think they cost considerably more now. So if you smoke what your poison and what do they cost, would be very interested
Old 23-11-2010, 18:15   #2
God Member

Re: Whats yours and whats the cost

to find out prices -
Quick Shop | mySupermarket

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 20:15   #3
JCB

£6.36 for Woodbines . Wow .

I smoke about 10 fags a day , cheapest menthol I can get . I paid £4.83 for a packet of Windsor Blue on the market today .

I know it's a stupid , expensive habit .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 20:32   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

smoke owt i can get me mitts on fer as cheap as i can get it. n don't really give a monkeys.
Old 24-11-2010, 09:21   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
smoke owt i can get me mitts on fer as cheap as i can get it. n don't really give a monkeys.
Arise Sir puffin Billy
Old 24-11-2010, 09:26   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
£6.36 for Woodbines . Wow .

I smoke about 10 fags a day , cheapest menthol I can get . I paid £4.83 for a packet of Windsor Blue on the market today .

I know it's a stupid , expensive habit .
Its surprising JCB Willy Woodies were always the cheapest now they are one of the dearest, remember a mate of mine used to smoke woodies, he said it was because he didn't like big ciggies, that is until they started charging on strength not size then he changed to B & H, heard this morning that Capstan Full Strength are now about £8-50p for twenty
Old 24-11-2010, 10:01   #7
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
heard this morning that Capstan Full Strength are now about £8-50p for twenty
Hell fire .

I had a friend who smoked them . I enjoyed an occasional one off him . It was a good smoke . He used to dip the end of the fag into a tin of menthol tobacco , and it gave it a menthol flavour .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 10:22   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

, and it gave it a menthol flavour .
Before destroying your lungs
Old 24-11-2010, 11:50   #9
God Member

i smoke baccy with menthol tips, the amount that i smoke is quite pathetic really, i buy 12.5g which costs me just short of £3 and it lasts me.....2 weeks
Old 24-11-2010, 14:10   #10
Senior Member+

Really cheap here. It costs me around eleven euros for two hundred ciggies and it´s one euro fifty for a pack of tobacco.

It´s so easy to smoke too many but things may change when Spain changes it´s smoking rules next year.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 17:55   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i smoke baccy with menthol tips, the amount that i smoke is quite pathetic really, i buy 12.5g which costs me just short of £3 and it lasts me.....2 weeks
Yer not even playing at it Shaz might as well kick it altogether
Old 24-11-2010, 18:59   #12
Senior Member+

I stopped smoking in 1974 and was getting through 60 Senior Service a day.
No help at all, just said to myself "This is costing me a fortune, what a mug", I never smoked again after that and told people how easy it was to stop dead, ( I was not telling the truth) and I didn't dare start again for fear of people taking the mickey.
After about a year I had saved up so much money that I managed to sell a two litre Ford Capri and buy Jack Walkers two year old BMW 5.25 for cash.
If my wife stopped we would have a Rolls Royce in the garage now.
Old 24-11-2010, 19:10   #13
God Member

I smoke way less than I used to. Now I smoke "Chiefs" which I purchase on the Rez: that's on the Tyendenaga Mohawk First Nations Territory. They cost about $12.00 a carton of 200; you can do the conversion. There are cheaper ones, at around $8.00 A carton; but, I like "Chiefs". If I were silly enough to buy them in the local store, I get premium brands at $7.50 a pack of 25. But on the Rez there is no tax. One can buy premium brands of Canadian or American cigs tax free on the Akwesasne Mohawk Territory which is in Quebec, Ontario, and New York State.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 19:38   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Yer not even playing at it Shaz might as well kick it altogether

i could give up quite easily tomorrow John, i go days at a time without bothering with them, last time i gave up altogether i put over a stone on so i'm damned if i do and i'm damned if i don't, since starting smoking again i've lost 2 stone (in the last 12 months)
Old 24-11-2010, 22:47   #15
God Member

Hello....looks like the thought police have been pounding their beat again...another post sent off into the wild yonder of cyberspace.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..