Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2010, 06:52   #16
God Member

Re: Whats yours and whats the cost

at times i wish you'd be sent off into the wild yonder of cyberspace
Old 25-11-2010, 09:04   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I stopped smoking in 1974 and was getting through 60 Senior Service a day.
No help at all, just said to myself "This is costing me a fortune, what a mug", I never smoked again after that and told people how easy it was to stop dead, ( I was not telling the truth) and I didn't dare start again for fear of people taking the mickey.
After about a year I had saved up so much money that I managed to sell a two litre Ford Capri and buy Jack Walkers two year old BMW 5.25 for cash.
If my wife stopped we would have a Rolls Royce in the garage now.
When I stopped Gremlin I did it exactly like you, well not quite, I smoked 50 Embassy no1 as previously stated. in Jan 1978 I was in bed with a very bad dose of Bronchitis, the doc asked me if I smoked, then said I'm not asking you to give up just cut down and smoke a lower tar brand. After being in bed for a few days (when I hadn't had a fag) I picked up an unopened pack of cigs and my Zippo lighter and said that's it I've stopped smoking and I haven't had one since
Old 25-11-2010, 09:07   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i could give up quite easily tomorrow John, i go days at a time without bothering with them, last time i gave up altogether i put over a stone on so i'm damned if i do and i'm damned if i don't, since starting smoking again i've lost 2 stone (in the last 12 months)
Well when I stopped I began to put weight on, but I recon if I hadn't given up then you lucky people on Accy Web wouldn't have had the pleasure of my company every day now
Old 25-11-2010, 10:38   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Over the weekend I was talking to Joan (who like me is an ex-smoker)And we were talking about ciggies and the cost. I remember when I last smoked in 1978 I was smoking Embassy no1 at he time and they were 40p a packet of 20, think they cost considerably more now. So if you smoke what your poison and what do they cost, would be very interested
I packed up smoking May 2009 - I was on Golden Virginia roll ups, was getting good quality black market 2 oz packs for £5 (half price), which used to last me 2 weeks. Then when the quality fell and became awful I was buying full price and I then decided to stop. One days it just clicked and I stopped over night. It was easy - I rarely get cravings. In the 90's I was smoking about 40 a day and got a lot free as I used to service cigarette machines.

Last edited by kestrelx; 25-11-2010 at 10:46.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..