Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   loose potato pie (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/loose-potato-pie-57398.html)

keith higson 10-02-2013 23:35

Re: loose potato pie

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1041285)
Just looked through your list Margaret and I love everything you dislike, especially Tripe (uncooked that is with salt and vinegar) Haggis, bring it on, kidly, lubly jubly celery could eat a full one myself, with plenty of salt. :D

Jaysay, Eating tripe cold is the only way to have it.. Tripe is cooked (or dresssed) before you get it from the shop), therefore why would anyone re-cook it again prior to eating it, after all would you re-cook eggs/bacon, steak or anything else after it had been cooked.

What about "Elder" delicious on bread, then any offal is good for you at least it cleans you out.

jaysay 11-02-2013 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith higson (Post 1041579)
Jaysay, Eating tripe cold is the only way to have it.. Tripe is cooked (or dresssed) before you get it from the shop), therefore why would anyone re-cook it again prior to eating it, after all would you re-cook eggs/bacon, steak or anything else after it had been cooked.

What about "Elder" delicious on bread, then any offal is good for you at least it cleans you out.

When I said uncooked Keith I meant, more like sat on the wall in Church Street, eating it out of a newspaper kind of things not Tripe and onions done in the oven:D

Judith Addison 18-02-2013 23:54

Hurn's confectioners is still going on Nuttall Street. You can book outside catering for a party, either pie and peas or a choice of buffets. Terry has been a Hyndburn Borough Councillor for the Baxenden Ward since November 2010. When we were going round canvassing I used to ask people if they knew of Mr. Hurn, the local confectioner. People sometimes replied, "Well, if he's as good as his pies I'll vote for him!"

Eric 19-02-2013 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1041229)
Oh Margaret - thyme is my favourite herb - takes me right back to those broth posies...

And all-in stews - cow heel anyone?

Count me in for the cow heel.:D

Eric 19-02-2013 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith higson (Post 1041579)

Tripe cold is great, especially with malt vinegar ... but my gran used to heat it gently with milk and onions:theband: She was also a whiz with sheep's brain.

Elder I used to like a lot ... udderly delicious.:D

jaysay 19-02-2013 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1042791)
Count me in for the cow heel.:D

You always remind me of Desperate Dan Eric, how would you like your steak sir, just take the horns of and wipe its arse:D