Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Smoking ban......(Hmmmm) (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/smoking-ban-hmmmm-65739.html)

Accyexplorer 20-02-2014 10:15

Re: Smoking ban......(Hmmmm)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1095151)
Yes, she doesn`t have kids herself, but nephews and younger sisters, if they want to come with her shopping (and they always do) then they have to put up with her smoking.

I suppose the fact she thinks smoking in the car with kids is something or nothing suggests there may well be a need to legislate.
But then again responsible adults know how to behave (an don't need the state to tell them).

Shadow health secretary Andy Burnham said:
"When it comes to improving the health of children, we are duty bound to consider any measure that might make a difference.
Adults are free to make their own choices but that often does not apply to children and that's why society has an obligation to protect them from preventable harm".
I agree with Mr burnham like any responsible adult should.

Maybe we should ban kids from Baker Street Station, Bakerloo line, southbound, platform 8 since there is allegedly a VERY high level of toxic air there....... 1.23 mg/m3. :eek:
High levels of ?tube dust? | Clean Air in London

gpick24 20-02-2014 10:23

A bit off topic, but last summer I was walking the dogs and there was a group of people having a BBQ in a garden, I didn`t see any kids but there were prams. They were all stood around drinking enjoying themselves while the smoke from the BBQ was blowing into the prams. I politely pointed this out to one of them, and they not quite so politely told me to go away and mind my own business. They did move the prams though.

Less 20-02-2014 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1095162)
I suppose the fact she thinks smoking in the car with kids is something or nothing suggests there may well be a need to legislate.

The responsibility also falls on the parents, they allow the children to go with this Aunt knowing that she smokes in the car while they are with her, they are just as guilty, if guilt has to be laid at anyone's door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1095162)
But then again responsible adults know how to behave (an don't need the state to tell them).

Of course responsible adults know how to behave, legislation is put in place to bring the irresponsible in line, otherwise, we would not for example need to make murder against the law.

Not to worry I'm planning a day on the ale today perhaps after a 12 hour session I will either understand what you mean or at least be able to post down to your standard.
:thepint:

gpick24 20-02-2014 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1095165)
The responsibility also falls on the parents, they allow the children to go with this Aunt knowing that she smokes in the car while they are with her, they are just as guilty, if guilt has to be laid at anyone's door.

She`s just as bad, she`ll smoke in the same room as him at home.:rolleyes:

Less 20-02-2014 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1095168)
She`s just as bad, she`ll smoke in the same room as him at home.:rolleyes:

Still the Parents responsibility, would they allow the child as a passenger if she was drink driving? If they object to her smoking then they should tell her, if they don't object then it isn't the worlds greatest crime against humanity is it?

Perhaps they've weighed the pro's and con's and would rather have their offspring in this pariah's company than not have any input from an otherwise loving relative?
:)

Accyexplorer 20-02-2014 11:42

Quote:

Of course responsible adults know how to behave, legislation is put in place to bring the irresponsible in line, otherwise, we would not for example need to make murder against the law.

Not to worry I'm planning a day on the ale today perhaps after a 12 hour session I will either understand what you mean or at least be able to post down to your standard.

Remember to Drink responsibly and have a good read through my comments when you get back and try post to a equal standard (if you can post that low)
Maybe one of your icons will do the job ;)

Accyexplorer 20-02-2014 11:43

Quote:

Remember to Drink responsibly and have a good read through my comments when you get back.
Try and post to a equal standard too (if you can post that low)
Maybe one of your icons will do the job ;)

gpick24 20-02-2014 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1095170)
Perhaps they've weighed the pro's and con's and would rather have their offspring in this pariah's company than not have any input from an otherwise loving relative?

More likely she`ll be looking forward to an afternoon of peace & quiet.http://www.christianmums.com/forum/p...ley%5B1%5D.gif

Less 20-02-2014 12:50

Smoking ban......(Hmmmm)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1095174)
Remember to Drink responsibly ;)

Were you in Fascist or Nanny State mode when you put that little wrinkle onsite?
I'll drink until I'm done, then I'll have one for the road whilst searching for my car keys and bundling my nephew into the car and telling him to roll a couple of fags.
Yes, I smoke in front of my brothers lad, disgusting? Nah not really, he's over 40.

Accyexplorer 15-10-2014 00:21

Major new health report: 'Ban smoking in London's public parks and squares' - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Whatever next?

DtheP47 15-10-2014 03:12

Less litter?
Less bad examples to children?
Less drain on our Heath service?

Mick 15-10-2014 06:21

:joint::smoky::smoky: OK from now on there will be NO SMOKING while your on Accyweb :smoky: :smoky::smoky::D

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2014 07:16

I don't smoke.......I only smoulder.

Accyexplorer 15-10-2014 09:33

I think this is a little over the top.
I can understand not smoking around children in a play area, but banning smoking in all parks?
I agree, the park is a area for relaxing and enjoying yourself taking in the 'fresh air' whilst walking the mother in law/dog?
I realise how filthy and disgusting my smoke is when I'm around non smokers,I also realise it can be smelt from quite some distance but it's outside where we're exposed to car fumes etc surely a bit of fag smokes not that big a deal? :confused:

My point is that the air outside isn't fresh in the first place. In fact is so full of toxins that a bit of fag smoke should be the the least of your worries if your of the worrying type.i just don't see the need to ban it in outdoor places because some may not like the smell.
I don't enjoy the smell of some folk that get on public transport in fact there are a few things folk do that annoy me but I wouldn't dream of trying to ban them.There has to be a certain amount of live and let live, because if you start banning things because they annoy people you'd have to ban everything (myself included) ;)

MargaretR 15-10-2014 10:37

Canada is more aware of pollution than the rest of us -
Scent-Free Policy for the Workplace : OSH Answers

I would love to see a ban on artificial fragrances - can't see that happening though :(, so I am housebound to avoid them.