Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2003, 12:35   #46

Post Re: Accrington Claim to fame

What about Jo Allessi, he's been on a few things hasn't he? did he have a bit part in Bridget Jone's diary?
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2003, 12:41   #47
God Member

Never heard he was from Accy.......I once heard a story that Butch Cassidy's dad was from Accy and that Butch had a good Accy accent.....any one else hear that?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:47   #48
I am Banned

Just read on net somewhere that butch was taken over there as a baby, strangely enough!
Royboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:49   #49
God Member

So if he was taken over as a baby, then was he born in Accy? And if so, whereabouts?
Old 06-10-2003, 12:52   #50
God Member

Re: Gatty

Somewhat ironic, is it not, that Gatty - the guy who developed the Khaki dye - the standard colour of the British Army battledress - was a German (although settled in Church)
Old 06-10-2003, 12:53   #51
I am Banned

Would be interesting to know that's for sure!
Royboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:57   #52
God Member

Did Butch were Khaki when he robbed the banks and trains with Sundance?
Old 06-10-2003, 15:52   #53
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Littlemo,

Joe Alessi went to Moorhead also, I was in the same year as his brother, and his dad has the little taylors shop at the bottom of my street. Can't remember if he was in Bridget Jones, though I think he may have been (will have to watch it again) he has definately had small parts in the Bill and some other t.v. shows, but I can't remember which ones. Funnily enough, snooker player Dennis Taylor used to have his suits made at Joe's dad's shop. When I first bought this house, I used to see him on our street regularly ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 01:04   #54

It was Mark that told me that but when I watched it I couldn't find him!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 12:02   #55
Jo

Just for the record, Bill Beaumont the ex-England rugby captain is a stuck-up, fat, ugly, arrogant, creep.
My brother deals with him regularly in Spain where he lives and where Bill has his yacht.
As*h**e!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 12:09   #56
God Member

What was that last remark? You insult that fine Lancastrian, Sir William Blackledge Beaumont? How dare you?
Old 07-10-2003, 12:51   #57

Butch Cassidy was born Robert LeRoy Parker on April 13th, 1866 in Beaver, Utah. His parents were Mormons and his grandfather was one of the first Mormon settlers in Utah. I've heard the Butch Cassidy is from Accy myth before, but I think it's just that...a myth.

One famous Accringtonian who hasn't been mentioned here is Sir Harrison Birtwistle, the UK's foremost living classical music composer.
ASFC1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 12:54   #58
God Member

Yeah....you ever been to a Birtwhistle concert or listened to his stuff.....talk about wacky...10 minutes is enough to do your head in
Old 07-10-2003, 13:12   #59
Jo

bill Beaumont alias creep face has a habit of going into pubs and restaurants, eating and drinking as much as he wants and leaving without paying. If he is questioned he says in a very loud vioce "do you know who the f**k I am?" Get out my pi**ing way or I'll knock you're stinking head off."
Nice guy eh?
Old 07-10-2003, 13:12   #60
Jo

And anyway, I always supported Emly hughes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..