Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 16:48   #31
Junior Member+

Re: Accrington Conservative Club

Hiya all, Right i had a few spare moments at work today and thought id do a bit of detective work, i had a look up at the old Conservative club and called into the council offies accross the road and after a bit of persuading managed to get the following information.

HM Joint Ventures intends to procure the exclusive property rights to the premises by august 2015 and will begin restoration and clearence work later this year. The company is also persueing a claim for the Cannon street baptist churc, Opposite and accessed the building today in an attempt to move squatters out and secure it.

I spoke to a representative from the company who told me that they will be holding a public consultation and will be contacting all neighbours and concerned residents regarding action they wish to take.

I hope this information helps and if anyone knows anything else please let me know.

Thankyou
Baxenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2008, 16:52   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

interesting info,cheers fer that baxenden.
Old 06-08-2008, 18:09   #33
Junior Member+

MORE INFORMATION

Hello again, just got of the telephone after speaking with HM Joint Ventures. I can confirm the following:

1. The company has claimed the rights to two derelict buildings on cannon street, these are the conservative club and the baptist church, both of which are in a very very poor state of repair and are being used by squatters.

2. Today is the official start date of the companies venture within these two buildings and to mark it they have accessed both premises and served eviction orders with immediate effect.

3. Both premises have today been reasonably secured and are now being patrolled by independant security firms on a regular basis.

4. Later this year the company aims to begin clearing both sites and repairing windows and doors until both premises are weatherproof and secure.

5. by 2015 the company aims to have procured the exclusive rights to both premises and begin development.

6. There are no plans for the conservative club, however the church has planning permission to be converted into 16 luxury flats or offices.

7. Anybody wishing to inspect the plans or who requires more information can do so by calling into the Accrington Conservative Club site office, down the right hand side of the building when it is set up on the 15th September.
Old 06-08-2008, 19:20   #34
Resting in Peace

Good stuff Baxenden Sherlock .. we knew re. the Cannon Street Baptist Planning, etc., but last we heard was back on the market. Can see you gonna' be a great asset to Accy web ... well done !!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 19:29   #35
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Good stuff Baxenden Sherlock .. we knew re. the Cannon Street Baptist Planning, etc., but last we heard was back on the market. Can see you gonna' be a great asset to Accy web ... well done !!
Thanks Katex, im just a very nosey person to be honest. Haha.
Old 06-08-2008, 20:40   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxenden View Post

5. by 2015 the company aims to have procured the exclusive rights to both premises and begin development.

Maybe I'm a bit thick this morning , but just what does " procured the exclusive rights" mean , does that mean they own the place ? can anyone explain , thanks
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 20:48   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Maybe I'm a bit thick this morning , but just what does " procured the exclusive rights" mean , does that mean they own the place ? can anyone explain , thanks
"Procured the exclusive rights" sounds like the kind of phrase George Carlin would have had fun with "Own the place" doesn't sound nearly so important or pretentious.

And you are right .... you are a bit thick this morning ... have another cup of mud, and all will be well.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 20:54   #38
God Member

I read the notice and it seems that after extensive searching the present owners can't be found. As Baxenden says this company are going to make the building secure with a view to re-vamping but all alterations will follow planning permission. Even replacing the windows will be a big improvement and will stop further deteroration due to rain getting in.
Old 06-08-2008, 21:07   #39
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I read the notice and it seems that after extensive searching the present owners can't be found. As Baxenden says this company are going to make the building secure with a view to re-vamping but all alterations will follow planning permission. Even replacing the windows will be a big improvement and will stop further deteroration due to rain getting in.
So is this another adverse possession claim ? although i cant complain, if they company follows through with there plans.

Anything that improves the exterior of these two delapodated buildings is a god send.
Old 06-08-2008, 21:19   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxenden View Post
So is this another adverse possession claim ? although i cant complain, if they company follows through with there plans.

Anything that improves the exterior of these two delapodated buildings is a god send.
I agree, somebody did call at the house a good few months ago to ask if I had any trouble with the squatters and left a phone number. Not heard anything since till you mentioned it on here, just hope they follow through with what they are saying.
Old 06-08-2008, 21:24   #41
Junior Member+

Bernadette, if i may be so bold, do you have a company name to go with the phone number and if so does it link in with the company thats put forward this proposal ?

I am very interested to see what becomes of the two buildings, i have asked by email if i may visit the two buildings with representatives from the companies and to my delight the organisation was only to happy to oblige, i will be going in on the 15th August. I Will take pictures and post them if anyones interested.
Old 06-08-2008, 21:31   #42
God Member

Sorry no name and can't even find the phone number now. Will ask my neighbours if they still have a copy tomorrow, they are a bit more organised than me. If they have it will get it to you
Old 06-08-2008, 21:32   #43
Junior Member+

Thanks Bernadette, Much appreciated
Old 07-08-2008, 04:34   #44
God Member

So someone beat Chelmswood to it - hence this thread
Posh squatters in Rolls Royces

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:21   #45
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So someone beat Chelmswood to it - hence this thread
Posh squatters in Rolls Royces
Haha it would appear so. Although i cant verify that it was a rolls royce that the gentleman arrived in. Nevertheless if they do what they say there gonna do and when they say there gonna do it its got to be an improvement on whats there now and our councils enviromental health departments poor attempt at securing the sites.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..