Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2023, 17:35   #1

Acoustic Guitar Lessons Wanted?

Hi everyone. I live in the Accrington area and id love to meet up with someone who understands/plays acoustic guitar. Im an absolute beginner and really struggling. Been on youtube but not got very far as its always much easier if your taught by someone. Im happy to travel Accrington, Blackburn, Burnley and also pay for your time. Ive also been struggling to tune the guitar even though i have 2 tuners and an app! Please help me, would love to meet a new friend and learn to play a few tunes. Im a 64 year old retired guy. Thanks in advance
moonbyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2023, 17:23   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Acoustic Guitar Lessons Wanted?

Go on You Tube, there are beginners acoustic guitar lessons free on there.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2023, 17:49   #3
Senior Member+

If you have problem tuning by ear. You need a electro acoustic guitar - this is one you can plug in to an amplifier as well as play acoustically. You can then plug it into a tuner, tuning is then a matter of plucking the relevant open string and adjusting the string tension untill it matches up on the guitar tuner meter.
Old 20-01-2024, 00:35   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
If you have problem tuning by ear. You need a electro acoustic guitar - this is one you can plug in to an amplifier as well as play acoustically. You can then plug it into a tuner, tuning is then a matter of plucking the relevant open string and adjusting the string tension untill it matches up on the guitar tuner meter.
Said already they had an app. Does the same thing

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 21-01-2024, 10:30   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Said already they had an app. Does the same thing

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
If he's struggling with 2 tuners and an app then perhaps he's tone deaf and music isn't for him?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..