Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2010, 10:21   #1
Resting in Peace

Anybody else had one of these calls

Was sat there yesterday afternoon when the phone rang, a young lady with a beautiful Indian accent was on the line, "would you like to stop all these annoying phone calls (didn't stop for an answer, but carried on with her script, I listen) we are (not will) going to stop people from trade outlets trying to selling you things over the phone (still didn't come up for breathe) I will put you through to my supervisor so he can sign you up, Hello Mr Farrrrrrierrrr, I'm going to stop people from annoying you, I butt in, you are? well I'm signed up to BT Preferred calling list, which although its not perfect ain't to bad really, besides I would call this call from you intrusive annoy and not welcome, please don't call me again or I'll report you, good afternoon, I hang up, 10 seconds latter rings again, let in ring, number not available. Well at least its a new one
Old 16-09-2010, 12:17   #2

Re: Anybody else had one of these calls

Got this one last week. just put the phone down.
Also had one trying to tell me that our gas bill had not been paid.
Phone put down again as I pay by direct debit.
Old 16-09-2010, 15:21   #3
God Member

had several calls from 080000 numbers recently
Old 16-09-2010, 16:04   #4
Give, give, give member

Talk dirty to them.

It's cheaper than those premium rate numbers, and they always hang up, before a happy ending.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 05:49   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

While at home, there was a few of these so father dear, rattled their cages by offering them timeshares in the desert in a mud hut, they soon hung up !!
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..