Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 21:37   #1
Senior Member+

Question anyone wanna quit smoking with me?

I really need to quit smoking... ive tried a few times before and always failed (obviously)
Wondering if anyone else fancys quitting at the same time?

I think it will be more likely to work if you dont do it on your own....
That i and i dont want to have to admit that i have failed lol

any offers?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2008, 21:38   #2
God Member

Re: anyone wanna quit smoking with me?

Aww... I would.... but I gave up in September 07

Good Luck tho
Old 31-05-2008, 21:44   #3
Junior Member+

i will quit with u i had my last fag yesterday about 4ish and it is proving very difficult. xxx
xMeToYoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:46   #4
God Member

I am not telling anyone when I quit.

I think there is more chance of you making it, if people aren't constantly saying " so have you had one yet?? have you given in yet?? " I am just gonna stop. Ginger will notice, but I doubt anyone else will for a while.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:47   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMeToYoux View Post
i will quit with u i had my last fag yesterday about 4ish and it is proving very difficult. xxx
I am gunna go to smoking cessation on tuesday so will have my last fag on tuesday night...
i managed to quit for 2 and a half years, but that was cos i had a good reason(pregnancy and breast feeding), thats not gunna be happening again lol.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 31-05-2008, 21:51   #6
Junior Member+

i really dont want to quit cuz i enjoy having a fag gives me something to do wen i get board but i have just bought a car and its made me realise that i need to save money to have to give up. i really want just a little puff on one i am missing it
Old 31-05-2008, 21:53   #7
Senior Member+

dont have any!!!!!!!

I need to quit smoking... i am having trouble breathing, i dont enjoy it anymore.. i know that my breathing is gunna get worse when i quit before it gets better and i am not looking forward to that!

Old 31-05-2008, 21:55   #8
Senior Member+

Thats what i did when i gave up, didnt tell anyone in fact i didnt know i was giving up all i did was woke up one morning and thought i wonder if i can go an hour without a fag! and then i thought i wonder 2 hours and so on and so on and then by then end of the day i thought well im not having one now or i might as well have had one first thing this morning! because i am so stubborn i wouldnt give in. I never thought i was going to give up so never told anyone and now years later i still dont smoke and have no desire to dont get me wrong it must have been at least a year before i stopped having cravings.

After putting on weight i thought to myself im going to start smoking again so i bought some fags and a lighter sat down in the morning with a brew and lit a fag! i dont think so it was the worst experience ever! i felt so sick and it hurt my throat when i took a drag i had half a fag and that was it! ive decided even if i wanted to start smoking i couldnt now its horrible. lol
Old 31-05-2008, 21:56   #9
Junior Member+

i think u can do it i dont have any fags and no money in my purse to temp me to go buy any either i keep thinkin wat it is doing to me and wat i cud spend the money on that i save from buyin fags
Old 31-05-2008, 22:00   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
i really dont want to quit cuz i enjoy having a fag gives me something to do wen i get board but i have just bought a car and its made me realise that i need to save money to have to give up. i really want just a little puff on one i am missing it
Carry on as you are just take an hour at a time theres no presure i still wanted a fag for about a year after i just thought humm that smells lovely i want one but im not gonna and then when the smell ha gone its ok again you dont miss it as much when you are on your own because there is nothing to remind you.
Old 31-05-2008, 22:00   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO View Post
Thats what i did when i gave up, didnt tell anyone in fact i didnt know i was giving up all i did was woke up one morning and thought i wonder if i can go an hour without a fag! and then i thought i wonder 2 hours and so on and so on and then by then end of the day i thought well im not having one now or i might as well have had one first thing this morning! because i am so stubborn i wouldnt give in. I never thought i was going to give up so never told anyone and now years later i still dont smoke and have no desire to dont get me wrong it must have been at least a year before i stopped having cravings.

After putting on weight i thought to myself im going to start smoking again so i bought some fags and a lighter sat down in the morning with a brew and lit a fag! i dont think so it was the worst experience ever! i felt so sick and it hurt my throat when i took a drag i had half a fag and that was it! ive decided even if i wanted to start smoking i couldnt now its horrible. lol
Wow .. Good on ya girl!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 31-05-2008, 22:05   #12

i have quit ; been 4weeks this thursday ; im doin realy well ; haven;t had any help; it dose bother me sometimes but im not givin in ;cuz it passes after awhile ; and im savin for a new pink laptop; and new phone
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 22:07   #13
Junior Member+

There is only one thing bothering me and that is i will put loadz of weight on and i really dont want that
Old 31-05-2008, 22:10   #14
God Member

Quote:
There is only one thing bothering me and that is i will put loadz of weight on and i really dont want that
Instead of picking at crappy foods, buy some fruit!! or Lollipops!! they last ages if you suck them, and keep taking it out of your mouth and putting it back in resembles what you do with a ciggie, so your hands wont feel lost.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 31-05-2008, 22:12   #15
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Instead of picking at crappy foods, buy some fruit!! or Lollipops!! they last ages if you suck them, and keep taking it out of your mouth and putting it back in resembles what you do with a ciggie, so your hands wont feel lost.
i did say the only way of not putting loadz of weight on was to munch on fruit instead of crap but lollies is a gd idea gonna get loadz tomoz haha

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..