Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2010, 09:58   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Asbestos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh aint kidding, were we worked, was no extraction n i cut it.
I used it most when working for Arnold Riley's Barfitters behind the Vic pub Manny Road, if you were coming back to base up Manny Road you could tell if somebody was cutting Asbestolux, there was a huge white cloud around the Vic
Old 22-05-2010, 10:08   #17
God Member

About a year ago I had an inspection visit by a surveyor who was acting for HBC in a survey of local housing standards.
(I don't know why I get picked on for official surveys)

As he looked round and measured up, he noticed the bad state of the soffit boards. Most of the paint had flaked off. The bare areas - he said 'that looks like asbestos to me'

Recently Hyndburn Homes have 'repaired' the soffit boards.
They replaced half of the frontage of this block of flats with white PVC, and 'repaired' my half by scraping off flaking paint and repainting with black.
It looks odd - money scrimping in the extreme.

I kept my windows closed while they scraped.

Last year when we had a new TV ariel installation, they said that all existing ariels and wiring would be removed - they haven't done that.
So the 'decorators' painted over all the spaghetti wiring clipped to the soffit boarding - so that when it is eventually removed it will need repainting again.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 13:00   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
About a year ago I had an inspection visit by a surveyor who was acting for HBC in a survey of local housing standards.
(I don't know why I get picked on for official surveys)

As he looked round and measured up, he noticed the bad state of the soffit boards. Most of the paint had flaked off. The bare areas - he said 'that looks like asbestos to me'

Recently Hyndburn Homes have 'repaired' the soffit boards.
They replaced half of the frontage of this block of flats with white PVC, and 'repaired' my half by scraping off flaking paint and repainting with black.
It looks odd - money scrimping in the extreme.

I kept my windows closed while they scraped.

Last year when we had a new TV ariel installation, they said that all existing ariels and wiring would be removed - they haven't done that.
So the 'decorators' painted over all the spaghetti wiring clipped to the soffit boarding - so that when it is eventually removed it will need repainting again.
Repainting again Margaret your having a laugh
Old 22-05-2010, 13:08   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Repainting again Margaret your having a laugh
Well I did say 'will need' - 'will get'? - not likely

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 13:46   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Well I did say 'will need' - 'will get'? - not likely
For not likely read no chance

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..