Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2008, 19:15   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: birth certificates!

A birth certificate is not a legal form of identification. All it is is a means of proving the age of a person whose identity is proved by some other means. (Like somebody signs to say they know you are who you say you are and the photo looks like you.)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2008, 20:07   #17
God Member

So, if I wanted a copy of my birth certificate, I would have to contact Blackburn, 'cause I was born there in Blackburn Royal (a long long time ago).

It would be nice to have a copy to show to my friends, many of whom think I was spawned in hell. Of course, Blackburn is pretty close to that .....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 22:48   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
So, if I wanted a copy of my birth certificate, I would have to contact Blackburn, 'cause I was born there in Blackburn Royal (a long long time ago).

It would be nice to have a copy to show to my friends, many of whom think I was spawned in hell. Of course, Blackburn is pretty close to that .....
yeah, very close,its called burnley over here

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 23:02   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
yeah, very close,its called burnley over here
Where you came from is worse than Burnley
Old 29-07-2008, 23:03   #20
Senior Member+

I was born at Burnley general

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 11:40   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
The Preston records office is on the docklands . There is no public transport that goes anywhere near the office.

Thought you could just get it from the registry office on Bow Lane near the train station, thats where you go to register the births they just print them off on the computer Mick got his from there.
Old 30-07-2008, 12:24   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

Blackburn office is now closed thats why you have to go to Preston
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 12:33   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky1 View Post
Blackburn office is now closed thats why you have to go to Preston
There is still an office in Blackburn, it is round by King Georges Hall
Old 30-07-2008, 14:08   #24
I am Banned

Where you were born, whether in Blackburn or Burnley, doesn't matter its where your birth was registered that counts,. Accrington births at one time were registered with the Haslingden office, they had a small office at the bottom of Avenue parade.
You don't have to actually go to the office for a copy it can be done by post. People from Australia, Canada and New Zealand doing Genealogy, order by post.
The last I heard the fee was £7-50., its all been centralised at Bow Lane, Preston.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 14:24   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Where you were born, whether in Blackburn or Burnley, doesn't matter its where your birth was registered that counts,. Accrington births at one time were registered with the Haslingden office, they had a small office at the bottom of Avenue parade.
You don't have to actually go to the office for a copy it can be done by post. People from Australia, Canada and New Zealand doing Genealogy, order by post.
The last I heard the fee was £7-50., its all been centralised at Bow Lane, Preston.

Retlaw.
Been doing some family research recently and wondered why the registration was shown as Haslingden for Accrington births and deaths. That answers that one then
Old 30-07-2008, 15:05   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
what makes me laugh about birth certificates is that ANYONE can go down to the register office and get ANYONES birth certificate, all you need is a bit of info about them..eg..who their parents are and their date of birth, its bloody mad if you ask me
You can do that ! LOL
Old 30-07-2008, 16:56   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn-of-the-Shed View Post
You can do that ! LOL
lol, ya tit, you know i can, i did it for you
Old 30-07-2008, 17:20   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol, ya tit, you know i can, i did it for you
Beware of the Flashy one ......she steals peoples identities!
Old 30-07-2008, 17:24   #29
God Member

Quote:
Beware of the Flashy one ......she steals peoples identities!

HAHAHAHAHA yeah my name really isnt Flashytart, i pinched it off someone else
Old 30-07-2008, 17:33   #30
I am Banned

Some of the more devious persons who wish to hide their true identity have been doing that for years. All you do is look in the age group you require, find a child that died very young, and apply for its birth cert, it used to be that easy. May be a bit more difficult today, but they can still dodge round it by claiming parents emigrated whilst a child, and they want to authenticate their Briish identity, no need for national insurance or nhs numbers you never had them.

Retlaw.

Quote:
You can do that ! LOL
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..