Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should there be a burn Savile Night?
Yes! 5 38.46%
No! 3 23.08%
Not bothered. 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2013, 15:51   #1
Senior Member+

Burn Jimmy Savile Night!

Should the country start an official night in which effigies of Savile are put on a bonfire similar to Guy Fawkes night? As a symbol of hate - as I am sure millions will hate him now - even though there was no trial!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2013, 16:00   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Burn Jimmy Savile Night!

Why not indeed ? In fact we could chuck in effigies of whoever raises our hackles at the present time (MP's & MEP's are looking favourite). Say sometime in early Jan, which would fit in well with our subdued pagan instincts in the cold dark deep midwinter time & we can also use it as an excuse to burn up all the old crimbo trees at the same time, well what else is there to do on a bleak bitter cold Jan Saturday evening ?
Old 12-01-2013, 16:19   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Should the country start an official night in which effigies of Savile are put on a bonfire similar to Guy Fawkes night? As a symbol of hate - as I am sure millions will hate him now - even though there was no trial!
Why not have a 'Burn kestrelx night'?
That could be quite popular.
Wynonie Harris and Boeing Guy like this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 16:35   #4
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Why not indeed ? In fact we could chuck in effigies of whoever raises our hackles at the present time (MP's & MEP's are looking favourite). Say sometime in early Jan, which would fit in well with our subdued pagan instincts in the cold dark deep midwinter time & we can also use it as an excuse to burn up all the old crimbo trees at the same time, well what else is there to do on a bleak bitter cold Jan Saturday evening ?
Why not do it on Burns night, coming up two weeks yesterday on the 25th. Good excuse for some whisky and haggis afterwards.
Old 12-01-2013, 16:42   #5
Senior Member+

AGGGHHHHH do we really need another thread
Old 12-01-2013, 16:42   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Why not do it on Burns night, coming up two weeks yesterday on the 25th. Good excuse for some whisky and haggis afterwards.
I do like a good Burns night (mind you bad ones are okay too ), but we have to be careful not to encourage our brethren from over the border that some of us chookters/Sasenachs quite enjoy this most Porridgewoggish of ceremonies & impose an export tax on us.
Old 12-01-2013, 16:58   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I get it!
Burns night- bonfires, Guy Fawkes,effigies.

Subtle!
susie123 likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 17:30   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I get it!
Burns night- bonfires, Guy Fawkes,effigies.

Subtle!
Och Crivens ! Are ye fe Dundee ?
Old 13-01-2013, 09:07   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

If 4 of you so far are not bothered, how come you could be bothered to tick the not bothered box?

Restless likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 09:33   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If 4 of you so far are not bothered, how come you could be bothered to tick the not bothered box?

I chose it because I dont feel the need for this thread and there is one too many threads about this. Are we going to have a separate threads for every personality that gets arrested or accused of being a paedophile or sex offender and subsequently separate threads with annoying polls?
Less and susie123 like this.

Last edited by Restless; 13-01-2013 at 09:35.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 10:35   #11
Beacon of light

There is nothing that anyone can do to make the victims of these crimes feel better...and a 'Burn Jimmy Savile Night' would ensure that at some point every year these people would be made to confront those horrible events yet again.
Jimmy Savile cannot be hurt by anything that we do right now.
He is past justice because there were people around who chose to close their eyes to what he was doing.
I do not believe for one moment that people did not know what he was up to...or at least suspect...but nothing was done then...and there is nothing we can do now other than to realise/learn that for bad men to prosper it only needs good men to close their eyes.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 10:45   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I chose it because I dont feel the need for this thread and there is one too many threads about this. Are we going to have a separate threads for every personality that gets arrested or accused of being a paedophile or sex offender and subsequently separate threads with annoying polls?
Unfortunately we do seem to have just a few members on here that appear to be enjoying this very sad state of affairs, every chance they get they add to the site what at times seem to be a pleasurable experience for them more and more names to the growing list.
We can all read the papers see the news what a shame that they seem to have a need to glory in the downfall of yet another so called celebrity or to dream up new ways of adding to the long list of useless threads that we have about highlighting what we already condemn.
Old 13-01-2013, 11:53   #13

Another thing I have noticed with the thread starter in mind because he tends to do it.
Put a poll onto your thread and even without any worthwhile input, the thread keeps being bumped just by someone voting, it saves having to do the job himself.

Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 13-01-2013, 14:40   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Another thing I have noticed with the thread starter in mind because he tends to do it.
Put a poll onto your thread and even without any worthwhile input, the thread keeps being bumped just by someone voting, it saves having to do the job himself.

You've also got to remember Less that the thread starter never does have any worthwhile input its all gobbledygook at the best of times with no useful meaning in anyway shape or form
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 16:02   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
no because some liberal lefty will make it a celebrate pedophiles day or something..

besides i dont put a guy on top of my bomfire out of hatred towards guy fawkes but as a reminder to the world that there are some people with cracking good ideas
kestrelx likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..