Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2005, 11:52   #1
God Member

Red face Camping??

Well here goes..........I have been talked into going camping this weekend with my children and a couple of friends that we know.
I have never been camping and actually have never fancied it, but the kids really want to go camping and so does hubby so I am out voted. Ok so I have said yes, but WHERE???........Does anyone have any good ideas where we can camp for the wekend??
I dont want it to be too expensive (kids uniforms and all to buy), just some where nice, cheap, cheerful and preferably with a pub in walking distance that allows kids.
Well if I have to camp there has to be some perks for me too .

Please help me as I have no Idea????
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2005, 12:00   #2
Member.

Re: Camping??

Horton in Ribblesdale. Big field with amenities between Pen’y’gent Café and the Church….When you wake up in the morning and shake the Buggies off you stick you head out of the tent and look out across to Pen'y'gent in all her Celtic majesty…….fantastic.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 12:01   #3
God Member

How about my back garden we can have a log fire, PUB?? ..... my fridge can hold as much beer as we can drink We wouldn't have to squat in a bush when mother nature calls and I would be able to come indoors when I get scared of the dark

If all else fails ........... Saturday night leave the kids at home we'll take sleeping bags and camp out on Church St. after a night on the lash

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 16-08-2005 at 12:02.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 12:08   #4
God Member

Church street sounds good tinks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images[27].jpg (4.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 16-08-2005, 12:10   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Horton in Ribblesdale. Big field with amenities between Pen’y’gent Café and the Church….When you wake up in the morning and shake the Buggies off you stick you head out of the tent and look out across to Pen'y'gent in all her Celtic majesty…….fantastic.
Thanks doug I will put that one to the gang, and see what they say.
Old 16-08-2005, 13:54   #6
God Member

abersoc (spelling) in north wales my sister has been twice and its got good campsites
Old 16-08-2005, 19:55   #7
God Member

Used to be able to camp down at Edisford Bridge, not too far away and I think there's a pub close by.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 00:50   #8
land of hope and glory

whereever you go this time of year north,east,south or west you will come across a campsite ? the rest depends on you, i thought garinda would be telling you where too and where not to go on this thread?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 01:14   #9

How about Glastonbury,i've been 5 times, usually at the peak times (end of June)when there is more than a 100,000 people,near enough 250,000 people a few years back before the new wall they built.I believe it's rather quiet this time of year but the locals are right COWS.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 13:50   #10
Senior Member+

Cumbria has some lovely camp sites.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 13:58   #11
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Cumbria has some lovely camp sites.
You might want to try Hawkshead or Ambleside but be warned it will be busy and sodding hot as hell up there. I haven’t been walking since June because of the heat, although I go up to Ambleside every couple of weeks for meat “Pork Sausages and Bacon” to shop, nosey and eat.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 14:01   #12
Senior Member+

Went up Cumbria a few weeks ago and rode around Lake Ullswater. Tons of camp sites scattered around, children swimming in the lake, boat trips etc. We ended up going up Kirks Pass, pub on the top of an hill and these fighter jets just came from nowhere over us. Fantastic it was, almost popped your ear-drums.

Good day out.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 14:08   #13
Senior Member+

Slinky, my choice would be, Edisford bridge for a really close site,

Ashes lane @ Crook (near windermere) only an hour away.

Dalebottom farm, Keswick. 2 hrs away, loads of big hills

Mevagissey, cornwall. 6hrs but worth it Let me know you can follow me
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 16:46   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Let me know you can follow me
I don't think they will be driving that fast
Old 17-08-2005, 21:15   #15
Clearly Classy.......

Why oh why would you want to spend the weekend in an oversized kagool!

slinky you have a great time sleeping on the floor with a bucket to pee in..... mmmmmmmmm total relaxation!!!

I like you slinky have never seen the appeal factor in camping but I know the time will come at some point where I to will be out voted, as my children would love it.

have a fab weekend regardless!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..