Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2005, 19:26   #1

Car Insurance

Will be trying to get car insurance for a 17 year old male within the next couple of weeks, anyone any idea who does the best deal. Have tried my own insurance company but they don't insure anyone under 40.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2005, 20:42   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Car Insurance

Have you tried confused.com !
You put in all the details and within 2 minutes it gives you a list of all the insurance companies that will insure you and how much.
Iused to be insured with CIS ...But it does pay to shop around !

Chrissie
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 21:08   #3
Senior Member+

i got mine out of the back of autotrader, ok so they might not be big companies but they saved me nigh on £300 on the high street names, impact insurance in bolton they are a broker and will tget you the best possible price without you having the hassle and if you tell a little white lie and say you have a cheaper quote elsewhere they will more than likely beat that price as thats what i did, but try not to be silly and say you got a quote for £100 lol...good luck

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 21:55   #4

You could try www.quotezone.co.uk.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 23:26   #5
I am Banned

one my younger friends got a good deal of these guys

http://www.quinn-direct.com/
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 13:05   #6

Direct Line do a good deal if you are with them and have a small car. I had my 17 yr old son put on when he passed his test (1994) it cost me an extra £40 per year, when my daughter passed aged 17 in 1998 I got her on for £80. Other companies were all asking silly money.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 14:08   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I have got mine through confused.com for the last 2 years. Once your details go into the system they are kept there, so you don't have to bother putting it all in again the year after.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 17:41   #8

Thanks for the tips, am off work in two weeks so am going to spend a day trying to get car insurance. My son doesn't actually take his test until the 11th Oct, hopefully he will pass but if not i won't need insurance. But i will try them all, just want to have a list of insurers before i even start looking.

Blackburn Raver thanks for the tip, but i already do that for a lot of things. Suprising how much you can get knocked off.
Old 29-09-2005, 11:07   #9

I didn't find confused.com all that helpful, I found that after going through them and then approaching individual companies themselves, the quotes I got back were cheaper than confused had given me.

I've just got car insurance for the first time, and I've found Direct Line to be the cheapest by far.
Old 16-12-2005, 15:52   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
i got mine out of the back of autotrader, ok so they might not be big companies but they saved me nigh on £300 on the high street names, impact insurance in bolton they are a broker and will tget you the best possible price without you having the hassle and if you tell a little white lie and say you have a cheaper quote elsewhere they will more than likely beat that price as thats what i did, but try not to be silly and say you got a quote for £100 lol...good luck
Hello Blackburn Raver, ready now to get insurance. Have tried looking for impact insurance on the net but can't find any info. Have you a phone number or web address please. Thanks.

Old 16-12-2005, 18:11   #11
I am Banned

TESCO car insrance beat all the quotes i was getting by over 50 quid
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 19:17   #12

Tried Tesco, but it's still way to dear thanks Chav. Checked Asda out and so far it looks like they're the favourites so far, a lot cheaper then the rest.

Old 16-12-2005, 20:51   #13
Senior Member+

Believe it or not Royal Mail are doing car insurance now and are giving some really good quotes.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2005, 08:40   #14

Thanks jimmi, just tried royal mail and they wanted litterally more then double of Asda. So i have gone with Asda and have actually saved just over £400 then the cheapest quote i've received.

Old 17-12-2005, 17:50   #15
Resting in Peace

We got lads car insurance through Norwich Union 17yo male with a 1400cc engine FULLY COMP for just over £1,500. Had to really search round and found that to be best one as otheres were quoting £2.5k+ And when he gets his PASS PLUS he will be able to get a reduction on the remaining monthly payments + they have a system wereby they build up their no-claims bonus and therefore start to get discount more quickly :engsmil:
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..