Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2006, 15:38   #1

Question Caravan Fire!!

Can anyone help!!

A friend of mine, last night had her caravan burned to the ground. It was (and still is, although in a differrnt form) located on Hallam Street of Whalley Road (near to Stanley's Ground). It is thought that the fire was started at about midnight. I know it's a long shot but if anyone saw or has heard anything about it, I would be grateful if you could PM me so I can pass the information on to her. It is such a shame because the caravan had been loaded and was ready for a trip away this weekend. Her children have lost all there camping equipement plus many other items. This was not the only caravan to be attacked in the incident.

There are some real miserable beggars (for want of a better word) out there. I hope that they are really proud of themselves!!!!
nicola68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-04-2006, 15:42   #2

Re: Caravan Fire!!

hopefully somone coming home from the pub may have seen somthing but at that time of night it is unlikely there will be any witnesses

good luck in catching the culprits
wkd_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 15:53   #3

Smile Re: Caravan Fire!!

Thanks.... will tell her to ask at "The Crown"
Old 25-04-2006, 16:04   #4

Good luck to your friend in catching the miserable, good for nothing, jealous cretins.
Old 25-04-2006, 16:32   #5
Beacon of light

Was it insured Nicola??????
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 16:48   #6

Firstly I realise now that have posted this in the wrong forum - I think it probably should have been in the Q & A forum but hey, I am still very new to this ..........

The caravan wasn't insured and to be honest wasn't actually worth a great deal, it was the contents that had greater value all the kids stuff for the weekend away. They had just bought a new hawning (not sure if spelt right) . She has contacted the Observer and they have sent up a photographer and are doing an article in this weeks edition in the section for Clayton & Altham News. She is lucky because she can claim some of the lost items on her house insurance but she's not sure if it will cover the cost of replacing them all. It is such a shame because she had booked holidays for over the summer months using the caravan......some short breaks.. and one longer holiday to the island of Tobermory where they used to make "Balamory" and the youngest was really looking forward to it.......
Old 25-04-2006, 16:58   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola68
The caravan wasn't insured and to be honest wasn't actually worth a great deal.................................... It is such a shame because she had booked holidays for over the summer months using the caravan......some short breaks.. and one longer holiday to the island of Tobermory where they used to make "Balamory" and the youngest was really looking forward to it.......
It sounds to me like it was worth quite a lot. Thats the thing about insurance, you never think you need it until you do.
Old 25-04-2006, 17:05   #8

The caravan next to it was only slightly damaged (burned underneath, I think she said, but will prob cost a fortune to repair!!!) is worth about 10K..... I just hope that it is insured....if it isn't, I'm sure that they are arranging it now....
Old 25-04-2006, 17:05   #9
Beacon of light

Well, it might not have been worth a lot in monetary terms but it was worth a lot to her for the convenience....I hope she gets some joy....I am told that this person is having some other bad luck too.....her car was scratched all the way down the side whilst parked on Aldi car park....the perp left no details......swine...or swiness as the case maybe.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 21:35   #10
Resident Waffler

How absolutely awful for the family. What sort of mentality do people have who do this kind of thing? What a terrible disappointment for the children who would be looking forward to their holiday. If they can't get there are the holidays insured at all?

Our little caravan was vandalised last week and a generator stolen from inside it. It isn't secure now as the back window flaps about (and two other windows are broken.) The generator itself wasn't worth all that much and I'd rather have given it to the thief than have the damage they caused. I was only saying to Busman on Sunday how awful it seems to be round here these days with crime.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 22:28   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
If they can't get there are the holidays insured at all?
I bet not many people take out holiday insurance for a touring caravan holiday in the UK
Old 26-04-2006, 07:08   #12
Senior Member+

This is terrible. Hope the culprit burnt his/her fingers as well. There are so many jealous gits around these days.
My fella bought me a car last month, in the last 4 weeks its been parked on this street it has been heavily scratched down both sides. The scratches are very deep.

Just asking, if it wasnt insured, would it have not been covered on the car insurance for towing ?
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 08:19   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Just asking, if it wasnt insured, would it have not been covered on the car insurance for towing ?
Only while towing it I think but i am sure some caravaning type will know better.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..