Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2005, 11:46   #1
I am Banned

Question Cheques

Have a Q? Been told that a cheque has been sent out 2 months ago n yet i haven't received it [could be stalling tactics] so if it has been sent to wrong addy there's no way it can be cashed by someone else when it has account paye on it presumably it has to be the person named bank account only ????
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2005, 12:00   #2
Resting in peace

Re: Cheques

Yes, it has to be into the account name specified on the cheque. However, the payer can check his or her bank account to find if the cheque has been presented/cleared. It sounds to me the classic line of "the cheque is in the post"! - Tell whoever to stop the previous cheque and send you another one - it's not your problem if the cheque is lost.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 13:23   #3
I am Banned

Oh thanx Pendy i thought it'll be a case of that just wanted to make sure i wasn't being paranoid LOL. Well they have been told to send me another out n get it sorted but no doubt thats in the post LOL
Old 30-03-2005, 13:33   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
there's no way it can be cashed by someone else when it has account paye on it presumably it has to be the person named bank account only ????
In theory yes, but it is not that difficult to pay a cheque with someone else's name on it into your account. Do not ask me how because I am not explaining, but it can be done.

The issuing bank can check ( cheque ) if it has been deposited and into which account, there is usually a charge for tracing the transaction.
Old 30-03-2005, 13:37   #5
Give, give, give member

l'm confused too. l've been given cheques payeable to someone else, they signed the back and l paid it into my account.

Get them to stop it.

l'd like a cheque, as any money l get now is invisible, just ether from one account to the other.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 13:37   #6
Senior Member+

As long as the cheque has the words 'Account Payee' on it, then it shouldn't be possible to cash it. Most, if not all individual bank account cheques have this pre-printed on them, and this has been the case for some 10 years or so.

Don't quote me on this, but I am not sure whether business accounts have this same protection, and if this is the case, then it could be possible for someone else to cash it. I remember years ago, signing on the back of a cheque made payable to myself, to allow someone else to cash it.

But it does sound like stalling tactics, as you say

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 13:41   #7
I am Banned

Oh dont worry me lol the cheques has account payee printed on it surely it cant be put into someone elses a/c without my signature to sign it over or can they ?!?
Old 30-03-2005, 13:43   #8
Senior Member+

How many people check the signiture or ask for ID, I know in the states it hardly ever happens.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 13:44   #9
I am Banned

Yeh ive told em that it didnt get to me n i can prove its not gone into my A/C personally whats wrong with good ole cash these days??? Ive to ring back fri

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
l'm confused too. l've been given cheques payeable to someone else, they signed the back and l paid it into my account.

Get them to stop it.

l'd like a cheque, as any money l get now is invisible, just ether from one account to the other.
Old 30-03-2005, 13:46   #10
I am Banned

Gee thats pathetic im worried cos its a pay check n if it has been diddled then ive lost money i didnt get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
How many people check the signiture or ask for ID, I know in the states it hardly ever happens.
Old 30-03-2005, 13:47   #11
I am Banned

Oh ****** im panicking now will ring em back n see whats gonna happen probably be passed the buck again grrrrr!!!!
Old 30-03-2005, 13:50   #12
Senior Member+

If the cheque has Account Payee on it, it cannot be signed over to another person.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 13:56   #13
I am Banned

Waiting for the manager to get back to me now will soon see how important this is
Old 30-03-2005, 15:02   #14
Give, give, give member

Isn't there a time limit after a cheques been dated after which you can't deposit it? l think it used to be three months.

Don't worry we'll have a whip round fo you, lol.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 15:06   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Isn't there a time limit after a cheques been dated after which you can't deposit it? l think it used to be three months.

Don't worry we'll have a whip round fo you, lol.
Awwww ta Garinda still waiting nobody is conviently available will call u back - err not more like the 12th of NEVER!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..