Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 09:51   #1
Senior Member+

christmas 2007

Thought id do a thread on it as i cant see another one but knowing me there will be one. There was an ancient one but thought id make an upto date one
Hows everyone feeling about it this year then?
Already started the preparations?
Think its going to be a white christmas? .. Well i hope so

Lee

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2007, 10:08   #2

Re: christmas 2007

any idea what the bookies are offering on a white xmas?
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:27   #3

William Hill

William Hill White Christmas Betting: 4/1 Aberdeen, 4/1 Glasgow, 9/2 London, 6/1 Cardiff.
16/1 that the lowest recorded temperature in England will be beaten (-26.1C, Jan 10 1982, Shropshire).
16/1 that the lowest temperature in Scotland will be beaten (-27.2C, Jan 10th 1982, Aberdeenshire).
22/1 for the record in Wales to be beaten (-23.3C, 21st Jan, 1940 Powys).
100/1 that the Thames will freeze over between Westminster Bridge and Tower Bridge.
100/1 Big Ben Fails to chime due to being frozen solid.

Old 06-11-2007, 13:13   #4

i hope it will be a white christmas too.
Old 06-11-2007, 13:14   #5

lol me too
Old 06-11-2007, 13:16   #6
God Member

Quite a family reunion youv'e got going here

Welcome to our bigger family/community

Ps - sorry posted in wrong thread

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 15:56   #7
Passed away 25-11-09

It can snow all it wants this Christmas because I won't have to get up, scrape the snow off the car, slalom down the hill on an icy side road lined with parked cars and stagger from my car to the office, during the Xmas period. I can sit in my warm house and look at how pretty it is outside. That's just one of the nice things about being retired.
Old 06-11-2007, 16:00   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
It can snow all it wants this Christmas because I won't have to get up, scrape the snow off the car, slalom down the hill on an icy side road lined with parked cars and stagger from my car to the office, during the Xmas period. I can sit in my warm house and look at how pretty it is outside. That's just one of the nice things about being retired.
I'll second that

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 19:27   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
William Hill

William Hill White Christmas Betting: 4/1 Aberdeen, 4/1 Glasgow, 9/2 London, 6/1 Cardiff.
16/1 that the lowest recorded temperature in England will be beaten (-26.1C, Jan 10 1982, Shropshire).
16/1 that the lowest temperature in Scotland will be beaten (-27.2C, Jan 10th 1982, Aberdeenshire).
22/1 for the record in Wales to be beaten (-23.3C, 21st Jan, 1940 Powys).
100/1 that the Thames will freeze over between Westminster Bridge and Tower Bridge.
100/1 Big Ben Fails to chime due to being frozen solid.
I wonder what the odds would be for my part of the world. Those record lows don't even rate as chilly. Lowest temp. for me was Ile a la Crosse Saskatchewan at -54 F. And the worst winter, 1998, the year of the Great Ice Storm ... a whole week of freezing rain. But I am looking forward to Christmas. Santa Claus parade on Nov. 17 ... the tree lots are setting up ... the city is putting up the decorations on the downtown streets, particularly lower Princess St. The stores will be competing for the best dressed store window. The buses will have thier Christmas ribbons on and the Wolf Island ferry will have all its lights on, and a huge ho-ho hat on the mast. One of my favorite pastimes is tree shopping ... with a few friends (one acting as designated driver ... thank god it's not my turn this year) will go to a tree farm just outside Sydenham village and cut down our own trees. Some outdoor partying will no doubt happen ... I realize that it is dangerous to mix booze and chain saws, but no one has been hurt yet. Tree decorating parties ... etc. etc. Lots of fun.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 13:56   #10

cant wait for christmas although i wont realli be able to enjoy it as im starting to take shape of a whale
Old 07-11-2007, 16:21   #11

Smile Big Kid at Christmas

I think I enjoy Christmas more than the children, I get really into the whole Christmas spirit.

I went to Riggs on Saturday and bought loads of new decorations, got new advent calendars for the kids, the ones where you put little gifts in each day and can't wait to go shopping for all the little things to fill them.

I don't really mind if it snows or not because I plan on having a relaxing Christmas day at home with my family.
Old 07-11-2007, 16:27   #12
God Member

I love Christmas, and even more this year as I am not working ( 9 years in a row I worked christmas )

I'm gonna enjoy spending time with my children and hubby, and doing what i want when I want to do it.

Let it snow I say!! I can just stay in front of the fire, all wrapped up and cosy..... hmmmmm nice.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 19:04   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

LETS GET IN THE MOOD SHALL WE???!!!!ALL TOGETHER NOW........
Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow.

It doesn't show signs of stopping,
And I've bought some corn for popping,
The lights are turned way down low,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kiss goodnight,
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm!

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bying,
But as long as you love me so,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Last edited by panther; 07-11-2007 at 19:07.
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 22:12   #14
God Member

'Tis the season to be jolly fa la la la la fa la la la........
Old 07-11-2007, 23:16   #15

i enjoy christmas more than the children i cant wait hope i get lots of presants lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..