Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2005, 17:22   #1
land of hope and glory

Talking Computer Meals ???

right all you computer nuts out there how do you prepare yours? mine are a bit complex first of all got to find the freezer look at all the bags and boxes not for what is in them but how long do they take! 20 minutes thats good 25 minutes that will do,empty contents on to a oven tray and turn oven on slap everything on to the middle shelf set timer for 22.5 minutes go back to computer,timer goes off, you go and shovel everything onto a tray take back to computer and devour......meat pie,cod steak,sausage,fishfingers, burgers,and a sloppy steakpudding with crust like a rock huumm.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-05-2005, 19:35   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Computer Meals ???

My method is much more convenient:

First of all you hear a creak on the stairs of someone approaching. Then the question: what do you want to eat?

Answer given, creaking sounds retreat.

Some time later (exact minutes not known as normally too engrossed), a tray with food and cutlery on appears.

Down time from computer: 15 seconds. That's broken down into 5 seconds for deciding what I want to eat, and 10 seconds to pick up the tray.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005, 20:53   #3
Beacon of light

So far Vorlon, I think your method is best.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005, 22:25   #4
Senior Member+

I am very lucky in that my wife is a very good cook.

The only convenience food we buy is the chicken kievs from Tesco (the creamy filled ones are my favourites), otherwise most other stuff is made from scratch; chicken & mushroom pie, lasagne, paella, steak and dumplings, meatballs, etc, etc.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 02:34   #5
land of hope and glory

vorlon you want to try the pub diet mands will explain!
Old 17-05-2005, 13:13   #6

mine is decide what to have (whilst on computer) dash in kitchen put oven/grillon, put pan on, peel spuds throw in pan, sort veg. Back to computer & hope I don't get too engrossed & burn the lot
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 13:34   #7
Resting in Peace

I have a good way shout (downstairs) make some food please ....
The next thing i hear is..........its ready great init
ps i dont have to move out of my chair hehe
she loves me really ................untill she reads this that is

Last edited by Mick; 17-05-2005 at 13:35.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 14:18   #8
white rabbits

all i get is ,,,,where,ve ya bin ?i,m starving ..................nothing changes ....
Old 17-05-2005, 15:05   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Mine's quite convenient. I pick up the phone and speed dial the curry house, place my order and have it delivered to the door. Aaah, the Indian takeaway..........definitely qualifies as an emergency service.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 16:13   #10
land of hope and glory

thought some smart .... would have come up with micro chips....he...hee

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..