Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 16:36   #1
land of hope and glory

Countryside,Seaside or backside?

had a look out today and thought to myself! i wonder what the rest of the accy webbers do in there spare time?i prefare the countryside,its quiet,peacefull and full of different things everytime you go there.yes we live in accrington but 3/4 of an hour you could be in a different world,whats your favourite?country,sea or backside?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2006, 20:45   #2
God Member

Re: Countryside,Seaside or backside?

I get asked at work quite often why I live so far away from work(knutsford) and one of the biggest reasons I give is that here we are 2 minutes from countryside, 40 mins from the seaside, less than an hours from teh lakes, within 30 mins I can be shopping in Manchester, preston, blackburn, burnley, bury, Accrington, clitheroe, rawtenstall etc. House prices are half what they are in Knutty/Alty(although my council tax is HIGHER!!!!).

Now I love riding my bike through the trough/ibble valley, but I also enjoy a walk on the prom at the seaside. Yet coming home from work there is nothing nicer than sitting in the garden with a glass of something cool listening to teh birds, smelling the flowers and watching the squirrels playing. So all three for me please Staggers.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 22:34   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Now I love riding my bike through the trough/ibble valley, but I also enjoy a walk on the prom at the seaside. Yet coming home from work there is nothing nicer than sitting in the garden with a glass of something cool listening to teh birds, smelling the flowers and watching the squirrels playing. So all three for me please Staggers.
Oh Gawd, Mr. Goodey 2-shoes, you got me cryin' into me Bacardi and Coke Enti. Can't wait til Friday night, watch all the loverly programmes on TV. Get up Sat a.m. (well just !)see what you lot bin' up to on the web, maybe lie in bed a little longer,shower 1 o'clock,little retail therapy, supermarket, home, micro-wave .. repeat of Friday night/Sat morning. Rush around feeling guilty 'cause no housework done (can't stand it anyway) ... mmmm am I in need of other therapy ? Guess backside, if I get the chance Staggers.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 23:21   #4
God Member

All 3 pooh! Countryside ... cow pooh! Seaside ..... floating pooh and backside ...... self-explanatory I think
Old 08-02-2006, 23:35   #5
white rabbits

the sea is at the top of our road,i minutes walk ,,so i think we take it for granted...
Old 08-02-2006, 23:59   #6
God Member

Blackpool beaches have passed this year i heard so no pooh there.
Atherstone is in a sim location to accy aprt from the see is 2 hours away, shame but then i can go to the sea that way, or that way or the other way to skeggy. I don't like living in a city, i love to be able to get out. I love a walk around the country side, along the canal, or even a park. today i went to ramsbottom and whitaker park rawtenstall taking photo's, monday was stubby lee and moorelands park bacup.

Last edited by Madhatter; 15-02-2006 at 18:23.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 00:48   #7
land of hope and glory

its nice to see that some of you get off your arse and see something different, i think that there is only one lancashire and we should respect it!we have some of the most beautful countryside in the world,,thats why the queen wants to retire up here!the ribble valley how many people have been out there and had a good look at just what we got?
Old 09-02-2006, 01:20   #8
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
All 3 pooh! Countryside ... cow pooh! Seaside ..... floating pooh and backside ...... self-explanatory I think
i take it that you prefare backsidetinks.................lmao
Old 09-02-2006, 01:22   #9
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Oh Gawd, Mr. Goodey 2-shoes, you got me cryin' into me Bacardi and Coke Enti. Can't wait til Friday night, watch all the loverly programmes on TV. Get up Sat a.m. (well just !)see what you lot bin' up to on the web, maybe lie in bed a little longer,shower 1 o'clock,little retail therapy, supermarket, home, micro-wave .. repeat of Friday night/Sat morning. Rush around feeling guilty 'cause no housework done (can't stand it anyway) ... mmmm am I in need of other therapy ? Guess backside, if I get the chance Staggers.
only one question for you katex ? do you drive?
Old 09-02-2006, 11:07   #10
God Member

I will stick to my fishing as I get the fresh air scenery and if in a boat to sit on my arther.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 14:01   #11
Member.

I don't think you can beat heading for the hills. At this time of year you can walk at lower levels in the lakes and just about get everything you need to stimulate mind, body and soul. The brave might what to push a little harder and head for higher ground and believe me it will do you better than any can of Red Bull.

Lose ends at the weekend can be tide up with a visit to the Interlink and an afternoon watching Stanley, even if football isn’t your bag you’d be surprised how it gets a grip of you when they about to stick one in.

Sedately trips on water can be a nightmare at this time of year lakes, rivers and canals tend to run thought open exposed ground so the wind and bitter cold can drive right up your souwester.

Old Churches, Abbeys, castles and prehistoric sites can be wonderful experience at this time of year, not many people around to bug you, if you wrap up warm and eat well on the day nothing will bother you.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 16:14   #12
Senior Member+

at the min im on my ar$e because i got a dodgy knee....but i gotta admit you cant beat a bit of camping at the wkends and a spot of fishing ...with a nice crate at the side of you ......
heres where we have started to go ......EXCELLENT highly recomended

http://www.wyresidelakes.co.uk/compo...page/Itemid,1/

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 16:20   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
its nice to see that some of you get off your arse and see something different, i think that there is only one lancashire and we should respect it!we have some of the most beautful countryside in the world,,thats why the queen wants to retire up here!the ribble valley how many people have been out there and had a good look at just what we got?
You do too, Only the lakes and wales compares in my opinion.
We're lucky here in that it's about the nicest bit of the midlands. I can go up heartshill heyes and look out over the bosworth battle fields and across the flats of leicestershire. We've also got a river and a canal. I think we're going to put a sculpture trail along part of the canal, but not sure .
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 16:31   #14
mez
God Member

i like all three love the seaside ...love the countryside too including the lakes i also like to visit new towns too.. some lovely architecture around .plus love my grunge days sat on my backside doing nowt at all.
Old 09-02-2006, 17:14   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
only one question for you katex ? do you drive?
Yes, of course, done 1,000 and 1,000 of miles in my lifetime through business.. can listen to a traffic report and picture exactly where they are, from John O'Groats to Lands End, Limavady to Belfast (usually traffic jams though on popular roads !)
ok .. guess you warming up to challenge me .. all this has been on business, the question was spare time, and yes, UK is wonderful, seen some fantastic places in my travels. Just my age I guess... after juggling with family, job, etc., for all those years like now to 'laze' at weekends. When I force myself to get out must admit do enjoy it. So everybody's situation is different, you see. Just some answers have a 'smug' ring to them, and can't resist 'poking fun' now and then. Have I anticipated the answer to your question? Or a clever twist to backside like on your backside in a car ? do explain.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..