Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2008, 10:11   #31
God Member

Re: Does anyone have ..... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Dunno if I can detect a flavour difference, always had suet Dumplings, was unaware you could make them with butter.
Mine float to the top of a stew too...just like suet ones are said to do

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2008, 11:15   #32
God Member

By golly margaret! Butter in dumplings is just plain wrong!

Suet is the tradition and thats good enough for me. where would we be if we kept just accepting these new fangled ideas..........

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 16:16   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post

Suet is the tradition and thats good enough for me. where would we be if we kept just accepting these new fangled ideas..........
Thats what the guy said when he invented the wheel entwisi
Old 21-08-2008, 17:16   #34
I am Banned

Quote:

How many new phones and other gadjets do you have ??????

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 17:32   #35
Resting in Peace

Margaret: Isn't your mix what is mainly used for a cobbler ? Becomes more biscuit.

Eric: Don't forget to sift your flour first.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 17:58   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Margaret: Isn't your mix what is mainly used for a cobbler ? Becomes more biscuit.

Because they start off totally immersed, they dont get crusty like a cobbler crust would.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 19:47   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

Ok. Will do. And how do I do that Just joshin' you
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 19:55   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Simple rules Eric, I should think thre's only one rule when a bear comes into camp, exit stage left at a great rate of knotts
So you want to give the bear a little more entertainment for the last few seconds of your life, before he chases you down and rips you to pieces We aint talking Yogi and Booboo here I was thinking more in terms of making sure there is no garbage or leftovers in your camp, taking notice of all posted warnings, checking with the park rangers about bear sightings ... little things that keep you alive. And in areas which are not designated National, Provincial, or Regional parks, have a gun handy, one that packs some punch. I have a Winchester model '94 (the one the cowboys use in the movies) in 44 magnum calibre ... and if it comes down to the question of you or the bear, point and pull .... and keep pulling until the bear goes down.
Old 21-08-2008, 20:16   #39
God Member

Burrrrrp ... ah .... not bad ... with a nice South African wine to wash it down .... not bad at all .... I am the suet king of Kingston .... bring on the steak and kidney pudding! I'm ready for anything
Old 21-08-2008, 20:24   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
How many new phones and other gadjets do you have ??????

Retlaw.
Now that would be telling

Think of me as that person who is prepared to sacrifice myself on the altar of technology so you can live a 'normal' life, I know, its a cross I have to bear!

Old 21-08-2008, 20:26   #41
God Member

Eric, remember Practise makes perfect! keep trying!

Have you thought of writing/emailing Atora and asing if they have a distributor in canada?

You never know?

PS found this

http://www.abitofhome.ca/page/C1/PROD/4081601

Not cheap (£2.50 for a quids worth of suet but hey!)
I know its veggie but it works well as I sometimes use it

Last edited by entwisi; 21-08-2008 at 20:32.
Old 21-08-2008, 23:34   #42
God Member

Quote:
Eric, remember Practise makes perfect! keep trying!

Have you thought of writing/emailing Atora and asing if they have a distributor in canada?

You never know?

PS found this

Atora Light Vegetable Suet - 250g: Irish and British products in Canada

Not cheap (£2.50 for a quids worth of suet but hey!)
I know its veggie but it works well as I sometimes use it
Thanks ... that's something I can look at, and, eh, for five bucks I can give it a try .... When winter arrives, I will be spending a lot more time cooking inside; and I don't mind experimenting ..... if things don't work, there aint much a Rottweiller won't scoff down givent the chance
Old 22-08-2008, 10:39   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
So you want to give the bear a little more entertainment for the last few seconds of your life, before he chases you down and rips you to pieces We aint talking Yogi and Booboo here I was thinking more in terms of making sure there is no garbage or leftovers in your camp, taking notice of all posted warnings, checking with the park rangers about bear sightings ... little things that keep you alive. And in areas which are not designated National, Provincial, or Regional parks, have a gun handy, one that packs some punch. I have a Winchester model '94 (the one the cowboys use in the movies) in 44 magnum calibre ... and if it comes down to the question of you or the bear, point and pull .... and keep pulling until the bear goes down.
I think that what you see on TV is nowhere near real life situations Eric, on the TV the bear always loses but as you say, in real life in your neck of the woods, its entirely different. As from our point of view we ain't actually going to be confronted by a bear in Foxhill Bank nature reserve
Old 22-08-2008, 15:36   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think that what you see on TV is nowhere near real life situations Eric, on the TV the bear always loses but as you say, in real life in your neck of the woods, its entirely different. As from our point of view we ain't actually going to be confronted by a bear in Foxhill Bank nature reserve
You never know ... I might just sneak a couple in there when no one is watching
Old 22-08-2008, 18:12   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Read the link ... Algonquin Park is just north of here, and that's where I go camping every summer .... lots of bears; but if you follow the simple rules, they don't bother you.
think this sign ( see attachment) sums it up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bear warning.jpg (85.3 KB, 8 views)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..