Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2006, 19:35   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Angry dog dirt

who can i get in touch with, as some dirty lil gits keeps letting there dog **** all over the back, my kids have started playing out again, and i dont want em playing in that! thanks, any info grateful
Old 24-02-2006, 20:48   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: dog dirt

The people to get in touch with are the Environental Health Department but for an immediate fix I would see if I could catch the culprits in the act and have a polite word with them. I am a dog owner and I carry plastic bags to clear up after the dog, I don't find it any bother at all in picking it up in a bag and putting it in the specially installed bins in the park or even taking it home and putting it in my waste bin if nowhere else is available. I know exactly how you feel, many times I have challenged people who just leave the waste on the footpath, I have even been known to give the owners a few bags to pick it up themselves. It is all about educating dog owners to pick it up after their dogs.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 23:33   #3
white rabbits

i dont even want to think about it... there is a ginnel near us aptly named dog s**t alley....people think if its dark its all right....
Old 25-02-2006, 09:28   #4

Exactly what Ernie says. I love dogs but some owners don't even drag their pets off the pavement into the gutter when they crap let alone pick it up.

Someone allowed their dog to crap slap bang mid pavement at the top of our drive, I quickly grabbed a carrier bag from the kitchen cupboard and then confronted them saying "I hope you're going to pick that up in a bag and take it home to your bin" to which the reply was "err ..... yes I'm just going to go home and get a bag and I'll come back" I then told them not to bother as they could have this, and produced the carrier bag. Then I stood there whilst they picked it up and walked off, the look on the persons face was enough to tell me that if I hadn't caught them at that moment they certainly wouldn't have been back to pick it up.
Old 25-02-2006, 16:06   #5

We had the same problem some time ago and I contacted the dog warden who was very helpful. If you know where the dog and owner live he can write to them asking them to clear up after the dog, if they still don't do this he will visit and speak to them, and if still no joy they can be prosecuted. If you don't know where they live the the warden will come round and watch out for them if you can give approx times etc. Fortunately for us, the owners in question started to clear up after this.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2006, 18:49   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

thanx guys for that!
i think i know who it is but like you say i have to catch em first! i feel like picking it up and shoving it down there throats, but thats not nice , so i think i will contact the dog warden when i know for definate who it is. thanx again
Old 27-02-2006, 00:20   #7
I am Banned

follow the offender home then return their dogs droppings through their letter box until they catch on and realise that when their dog craps they get some back through their door

or

just throw it over their backyard wall over their windows
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 00:26   #8
Give, give, give member

Encourage your neighbours to feed their dogs scraps, rather than tinned dog food.

The chalky white plop will provide your children with a useful chalk substitute, and it is totally enviromentally friendly.

Last edited by garinda; 27-02-2006 at 00:30.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 18:14   #9
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
follow the offender home then return their dogs droppings through their letter box until they catch on and realise that when their dog craps they get some back through their door

or

just throw it over their backyard wall over their windows
just what i was thinking!! you must be psychic
Old 06-03-2006, 18:39   #10
Senior Member+

what about cat sh!t , they roam all over the place sh!tting everywhere but you dont hear people moaning about that

personally though if my dog plops in the street it gets picked up

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 18:49   #11
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

you know im fed up with cat sh!t as well, always sh!tting in my garden, dirty felines, need a good kick up the arse!!
Old 06-03-2006, 21:50   #12
Resident Waffler

I hate it when some dog owner allows theirs to do it right in front of our garden gate. That has happened a few times and it's disgusting.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:15   #13

my neighbour has a nice large klondike gold chippings in their front garden and across the street there lives a cat,not only does it use her garden as the worlds biggest litter tray but you find it asleep on your car bonnet on warm days and paw prints in the dirt on your car roof
Old 07-03-2006, 12:16   #14

but saying that a yard full of dog poo keeps the shed burglers away and they kids next door dont ask for there ball back anymore
Old 12-03-2006, 15:03   #15
Junior Member+

dog poo and cat poo are all the same either way it smells
xxgobbyxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..