Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 10:51   #16
God Member

Re: Football teams - Who are you for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
the most successful club team in the world.

fact.
and we know who they are watp
Old 07-11-2010, 11:01   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Liverpool born & bred but having said that, the last couple of matches I've paid to go & watch have been Stanley ! Sort of tells you something about my approach to footie ! (I've even promised Wynn I'll be across next year)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:04   #18
God Member

Anyway, who in their right mind would want to support a subsidiary of an Indian chicken burger factory?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:11   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Liverpool born & bred but having said that, the last couple of matches I've paid to go & watch have been Stanley ! Sort of tells you something about my approach to footie ! (I've even promised Wynn I'll be across next year)
Another testimonial from a satisfied customer! Persuaded yet, Maggie?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:44   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, you're an expert on Stanley's finances now, are you? Or is it just classic Tory-style smear tactics to try and put a potential fan off? Fortunately, Dave, who like yourself is a non-Stanley fan, takes a more positive, and realistic view!
You don't have to know that much about financing Wyn to know a football league club can't survive on 1400 gates, that's simple economics, not rocket science, and since went have facts been smear tactics, there's no so blind than those who refuse to see. Every week I always check Stanley's gate just to find out if I'm near with my predictions, my other have, who knows sod all bout football mentioned the other week that Stanley aren't very well supported, on that particular day the next lowest was close on a thousand more now she does know quite a lot about financing. I really can't understand why you always say I'm knocking Stanley, when thats so far from the truth, I supported the Save Stanley campaign, which cost me around £200 and have, for around ten years, supported their weekly draw, but I suppose the bee all and end all is standing on the terraces, which incidentally I didn't even do when I was a regular attender at Ewood
Old 07-11-2010, 12:06   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You don't have to know that much about financing Wyn to know a football league club can't survive on 1400 gates, that's simple economics, not rocket science, and since went have facts been smear tactics, there's no so blind than those who refuse to see. Every week I always check Stanley's gate just to find out if I'm near with my predictions, my other have, who knows sod all bout football mentioned the other week that Stanley aren't very well supported, on that particular day the next lowest was close on a thousand more now she does know quite a lot about financing. I really can't understand why you always say I'm knocking Stanley, when thats so far from the truth, I supported the Save Stanley campaign, which cost me around £200 and have, for around ten years, supported their weekly draw, but I suppose the bee all and end all is standing on the terraces, which incidentally I didn't even do when I was a regular attender at Ewood
As Dave has already pointed out, gates aren't everything, there are other income streams and I would predict a modest but successful future for Stanley as a genuine community club.

As for the money you've put into the club, thank you, but it would seem a strange thing to do if you really believe your contention that Stanley "can't survive". Why would a sensible chap like yourself throw good money after bad? Or is it that you know perfectly well that Stanley can survive, but you're trying to entice a potential new fan to the Rovers?
Old 07-11-2010, 15:12   #22
Junior Member+

Love the discussion! My vote and support goes to the grassroots true grit guys - Accrington Stanley. I'm ordering my shirt and scarf! Hope to get over there sometime to see a match! Thanks for all the input!
Maggie Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 15:19   #23
Super Moderator

Yay! Another long distance fan! Welcome to the club, Maggie!
Old 07-11-2010, 15:57   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
As Dave has already pointed out, gates aren't everything, there are other income streams and I would predict a modest but successful future for Stanley as a genuine community club.

As for the money you've put into the club, thank you, but it would seem a strange thing to do if you really believe your contention that Stanley "can't survive". Why would a sensible chap like yourself throw good money after bad? Or is it that you know perfectly well that Stanley can survive, but you're trying to entice a potential new fan to the Rovers?
Well lets hope your right and Stanley do not only survive but go from strenth to strenth, but I still say unless gates improve it will be a struggle
Old 07-11-2010, 16:29   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well lets hope your right and Stanley do not only survive but go from strenth to strenth, but I still say unless gates improve it will be a struggle
Believe me, Jay, as results start to improve and things change behind the scenes, they will. By the time Maggie comes to watch us, we'll be thriving!
Old 07-11-2010, 17:02   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Believe me, Jay, as results start to improve and things change behind the scenes, they will. By the time Maggie comes to watch us, we'll be thriving!
Watch out Man U and Liverpool then
Old 07-11-2010, 18:30   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Watch out Man U and Liverpool then
And Blackbiriyani needn't ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 18:57   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Q View Post
Love the discussion! My vote and support goes to the grassroots true grit guys - Accrington Stanley. I'm ordering my shirt and scarf! Hope to get over there sometime to see a match! Thanks for all the input!
when ya do Maggie Q yer first drink will be on me.
Old 08-11-2010, 14:19   #29
Junior Member+

Thanks, Cashman! Lookin' forward to it!
Maggie Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 16:54   #30
Senior Member+

There you go Maggie, you got them going again but it,s all in fun??? You won,t regret going "up Stanley" the atmosphere is unique and the beer aint bad either. I,ve been a Stanley lad since the mid 50s and it,s as good now as it,s ever been.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..