Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2005, 11:51   #1
Senior Member+

Glorified Council Cattery !

HBC are allowing some tennants who vacated their ground floor partially adapted disabled flat to be used as a cattery only.
The tennants fled their flat approx 7 weeks ago and have admitted to the housing manager that they no longer want the flat and have not been sleeping there for 7 weeks.The nets and curtains are still hanging making it appear to anybody that it is still being lived in, and they return on a regular basis to collect mail and turn on lights at night-time. They want a transfer double quick (not for disability reasons, but for the fact that they have been committing fraud etc and the bailiffs are after them) but the council have no other suitable properties available for them, nor can they give them medical points to transfer as they are already in a ground floor property.
For the last 7 weeks this flat has just been used to house their cats in, all 8 of them on the last count. Yes 8 cats living in a dark hallway, concrete floor and no windows open to air the flat through.
I really pitty the next tennant, thats if HBC get off their back-sides and sort this tennant out.
So if you know of anybody who is disabled and is awaiting a ground floor flat, you now know of one that is being abused and just being used as a cattery !
Oh forgot to add, yes they are getting their housing benefits paid as they are on full benefits.
Where have the tennants gone i hear you ask ! They claim they are sleeping rough in a car on top of Crown Point !!! Well if they can do this (which i wholly disbelieve ) makes you wonder how they can claim full rate disability allowances as one of them claims she cant walk, nor get out of bed !

I asked HBC as to why this was allowed and apparantly they say they cant do anything untill after 21 weeks.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2005, 12:24   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Glorified Council Cattery !

Look on the bright side, at least while the cats are locked in they aren't cr*pping in someone elses garden.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2005, 12:30   #3
Senior Member+

lol @ less .....
Old 21-11-2005, 06:14   #4

I'll have the cats..........
Old 21-11-2005, 07:08   #5
Senior Member+

Nobody has been around all weekend to feed them ....
Old 21-11-2005, 07:20   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Report them to the RSPCA....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 06:33   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Report them to the RSPCA....
I did do again yesterday. I saw an RSPCA van come onto the street but i dont know if they called. (Ive seen inspectors before not bothering to get out of their vans but just sit in the van and read a newspaper). I also informed the council that i had been onto the RSPCA, but still they dont seem too bothered.
Old 22-11-2005, 09:41   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah
I'll have the cats..........
Whats the plan Sarah you opening a take-away? Believe it or not there is more meat on a chicken leg and cat meat does tend to stick between the teeth.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 12:01   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
I did do again yesterday. I saw an RSPCA van come onto the street but i dont know if they called. (Ive seen inspectors before not bothering to get out of their vans but just sit in the van and read a newspaper). I also informed the council that i had been onto the RSPCA, but still they dont seem too bothered.
RSPCA still don't have the power to automatically enter what they believe to be an abandoned property. They have to mark it and leave for at least 24hrs and then return and they may then enter the property. It's a very old outdated law which is in the process of being changed to allow people like the RSPCA immediate entry

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 00:44   #10
I am Banned

did somone say there was 8 cats that needed getting rid of ....?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 06:54   #11
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Where have the tennants gone i hear you ask ! They claim they are sleeping rough in a car on top of Crown Point !!! Well if they can do this (which i wholly disbelieve ) makes you wonder how they can claim full rate disability allowances as one of them claims she cant walk, nor get out of bed !

I wonder if a little word to the DSS wouldn't go amiss?

How on earth can they get away with a housing swap just to run away from debts?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 07:57   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

I wonder if a little word to the DSS wouldn't go amiss?

How on earth can they get away with a housing swap just to run away from debts?
willow, people like that do. they have changed their surnames 5 times by deed-poll.
Our housing manager aint the sharpest tool in the box ! From Jan - Oct this year one of the flats above me was being sublet and used for growing cannabis. After months of me and other neighbours complaining he eventually entered the premises and fetched out some cannabis leaves for my fella to clarify what is was. He then posted the leaves back through the letter box. Ok, he did do a lock change but has now given the original tennant the new keys again. So that flat, again is being used as a postal address for him to claim from. Seems like the council dont care about fraud these days.
Old 23-11-2005, 08:25   #13
Resident Waffler

Quote:
He then posted the leaves back through the letter box.
I know it's not really funny but I find it totally hilarious that they would do that! Why not hand them over to the police? Ooops, sorry, forgot. We are talking about Hyndborg BC aren't we? Mad. Totally mad.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 10:34   #14
God Member

HBC didnt make the back of the queue when brains and gumption were being handed out. The forms they had to fill in meant they missed the bus.

To think they did SFA about the whole issue reeks of slopey shoulder syndrom.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 11:21   #15
Senior Member+

pmsl @ spuggie

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..