Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 09:11   #1
God Member

Green bag for Air Ambulance

I have put out a green bag of textiles (supplied by council) along with my recyclables today.

The cardboard van and the big bin truck have been and gone.
I suppose green bags are rarely put out. It is only the second time I have done so, (was out and so didn't see the last one collected).

Do the regular collectors let the green bag collectors know when there is a bag out for collection, or does a van tour the rounds looking for them every collection day?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2008, 09:19   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Green bag for Air Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have put out a green bag of textiles (supplied by council) along with my recyclables today.

The cardboard van and the big bin truck have been and gone.
I suppose green bags are rarely put out. It is only the second time I have done so, (was out and so didn't see the last one collected).

Do the regular collectors let the green bag collectors know when there is a bag out for collection, or does a van tour the rounds looking for them every collection day?
I put this out with the re-cycle collection Margaret i.e. Green bin, blue box, cardboard, white bag, blue bag and is always collected. Haven't noticed whether a separate wagon or anything, but always goes that day, and they actually leave you a new bag.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23   #3
Resting in Peace

I know its a seperate van for cardboard, but don't know about textiles, I do know that if you put out cardboard after the recycling wagon, even if the cardboard van hasn't been, it doesn't get collected
Old 10-06-2008, 09:24   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I put this out with the re-cycle collection Margaret i.e. Green bin, blue box, cardboard, white bag, blue bag and is always collected. Haven't noticed whether a separate wagon or anything, but always goes that day, and they actually leave you a new bag.
I don't have a green bin (no garden) - this is a green bag (for textiles) which is passed on to the Air Ambulance charity.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:34   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I don't have a green bin (no garden) - this is a green bag (for textiles) which is passed on to the Air Ambulance charity.
Yes, understand this .. didn't really help did I ..

Yes, separate van for cardboard which follows after the others have been collected, will try and watch out if another follows on for the textiles ... makes sense though that they take the bag too, easier for them to sort at the depot, so probably is a separate wagon. Will try and watch out .. sure someone knows on here though. Like you, only now and then.

Took to the tip last time I had a clear out .. taking up too much room in me pantry. !
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:37   #6
God Member

These are good old clothes - just got tight at the waist (sigh) - I just don't want to see them on Ebay

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2007...oluntarysector

Last edited by MargaretR; 10-06-2008 at 09:42.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:20   #7
Resident Waffler

I think the air ambulance collection is a separate one and they don't always seem to notice my green bag either. If it isn't collected I ring up HBC and they say they'll send somebody round, which usually happens and it goes. Ours get collected tomorrow so I'll see what happens this week.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:22   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I think the air ambulance collection is a separate one and they don't always seem to notice my green bag either. If it isn't collected I ring up HBC and they say they'll send somebody round, which usually happens and it goes. Ours get collected tomorrow so I'll see what happens this week.
Thanks Willow - if it hasn't gone by 4pm I will phone them

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..