Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 08:11   #1

Hahal products

Just seen the Hahal certification authority symbol on the Cadbury chocolate bars what dose it mean and do any of the profits go to any muslim organization, do I need to be suspitious.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2010, 09:15   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Hahal products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Just seen the Hahal certification authority symbol on the Cadbury chocolate bars what dose it mean and do any of the profits go to any muslim organization, do I need to be suspitious.

'Some Cadbury products, and products from many other companies do include the Halal Certification Authority Logo, but the suggestion that fees are used to support terrorism or the destruction of the Australian way of life is highly inflammatory and has no credible evidence to support it.'
Cadbury Products - Halal Certification Authority Logo Protest Email

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:18   #3

Thanks Garinda, I thought as much.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:07   #4
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Thanks Garinda, I thought as much.
I think it's just that the milk used is suitable for those who need to know because of religious requirements.

The same sort of information vegetarians, or those with allergies require.

I presume it's economically based decision, and Cadbury's just want to reach as much as the market as they can.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:45   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I somehow don't think any of the examples of killing a cream egg shown here:-
Cadbury Creme Egg

Are Halal in any way!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 13:00   #6
God Member

when i was vice chair On Intack Primary schools PTFA we bought a selection box for every kid in the school and had to buy Nestle because the asian kids couldn't have Cadburys, this was 4 years ago
Old 04-04-2010, 16:38   #7

As far as I know the chocolate bars are hung & slaughtered in the Halal way for this certificate.

Myself I'm no keen on chocolate that has been treated like this, I prefer mine to be killed instantly using the gnashers method. (putting it between mine)
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 20:05   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
when i was vice chair On Intack Primary schools PTFA we bought a selection box for every kid in the school and had to buy Nestle because the asian kids couldn't have Cadburys, this was 4 years ago
were these christmas selection boxes you were handing out and if so what was it to them anyway if they got one ?

mind you i understand schools have to step carefully because one muslim lad ate a piza at an accy school that had ham on it and was perfectly fine until his mother found out and then he dramaticly became seriuosly ill and threats of a lawsuit followed from teh boys mother looking for compensation for her sons terrifying ordeal

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 04-04-2010 at 20:09.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:12   #9
God Member

Quote:
What in hell's name is "Hahal" ... I know I could Google it, but .....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:04   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What in hell's name is "Hahal" ... I know I could Google it, but .....
its when halal meat taste funny

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 06-04-2010, 12:05   #11

good explanation that
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 16:28   #12
Senior Member+

Halal is very similar, if not identical to Kosher.
In fact I attended a cultural assimilation course in Saudi Arabia and the Muslims were told, by a Muslim intructor, that if they could not fine Halal food they should buy from a Jewish shop as that was fine.
Old 06-04-2010, 16:42   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Halal is very similar, if not identical to Kosher.
In fact I attended a cultural assimilation course in Saudi Arabia and the Muslims were told, by a Muslim intructor, that if they could not fine Halal food they should buy from a Jewish shop as that was fine.
How very brave of all these suicide bombers to queue up.

Only Joking, any of you out there upset by this, I live in Burnley, Honest.

Didn't need to write that on T'internet 20 years ago, Oh yeah, just remembered, there wasn't an internet back then, thank goodness the cold war missed that one or we could have been in trouble.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 19:11   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How very brave of all these suicide bombers to queue up.

even suicide bombers que up for tehir meat..

how do you think they get their bangers

Old 07-04-2010, 05:20   #15
Senior Member+

*cough* no bangers pls. unless certified halal. :P

or if your a jewish muslim. hahal is fine.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..