Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 23:49   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Have you got one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybow
Sorry, didn't check before I posted, should have said "in the cupboard"
i never check tybow if its wrong - so what!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:03   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Nah, as far as steak goes, wipe its arse, show it the grill and slap it on my plate thanks!

Seriously, I'm happy to eat it raw if necessary. Blue for a good steak, rare if its rump or sirloin

Now someone else who knows how to cook a steak the way it should be.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:57   #33
Senior Member+

Like MH i only have my microwave,a 2-ring electric hob that someone gave me and my GF grill and its been a life saver!i use it everyday and me and Jack live off grill-cooked food.I cook all my meat and mushrooms,asparagus etc on it and its lovely!GO FOR IT MICK!
Although got a gas cooker delivered from Argos this morning so will see if i still use my GF!

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 13:07   #34
God Member

I'm supposed to be getting a cooker, but want a silver 600 mm wide electric with a dual oven and halogen hob.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 14:58   #35
Senior Member+

LOL MH im just getting the cheapest one from argos,as long as it cooks food im not bothered about colour etc.

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:28   #36
Resting in Peace

Right well we have now got one too so will let you know how we go on
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 13:02   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Right well we have now got one too so will let you know how we go on
Dosnt work on eggs mind.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 13:18   #38
God Member

kids got me one for xmas and must admit its like my veg steamer its my new best friend i do allsorts on it ..steak done to perfection just need to time it right ,mixed grill , yum hope you and anne enjoy .. even got a little bun warmer on top ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 14:15   #39
Senior Member+

i cant see what the difference is i prefer to just use my grill on the cooker it works just as well and as for steaming veg ive bought some steamers for my micro at a cost of £1.99 each and they steam my veg and fish well at a fraction of the time of a steamer,its not as big as a steamer but i suppose it depends on how much you need,my mum has a gf grill it was used for about 2 months but now its in the cuboard,she also complaned of dry meat
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 18:58   #40
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Dosnt work on eggs mind.
Ours does. It has one flat side and one griddle side with lid. You can do a full breakfast on it, mushrooms, toms etc. We use the flat side for smiley faces for the boys when we are away camping as well.
Old 11-08-2006, 20:13   #41
God Member

I want a gf to grill for me, infact I don't mind how she cooks it as long as I get fed when I come in from work.

Misskitty, when you cant afford it you don't get what you don't really need. When we started out we had a second hand cooker after spending three months walking round my parents every day and using their cooker, thats the cooker that on the landing now, broken. As we had a 'new' kitchen cowboy council job though, I promised I'd save for the one I wanted. So don't think I'm being snobby. I had next to nothing when we moved in, not even a bed or settee or carpets for weeks. we had an airbed on a blanket. But we were in love and just want somewhere to be together, it was better than dosing in her ex landlords empty houses, at mates or wasting out savings on hotels.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 20:22   #42
Accy Goddess

My motto used to be if ya cant nuke it, cant cook it. But since we got the grill I have cooked chops, steak, chicken, bacon, sausage, onions and tomatoes all with great results.
The meat has been lovely, people must be cooking it too long. I have even cooked oven chips on it and they taste loads better.
Quicker to cook than conventional grill and far easier to clean.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:28   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE
My motto used to be if ya cant nuke it, cant cook it. But since we got the grill I have cooked chops, steak, chicken, bacon, sausage, onions and tomatoes all with great results.
The meat has been lovely, people must be cooking it too long. I have even cooked oven chips on it and they taste loads better.
Quicker to cook than conventional grill and far easier to clean.
Eeeewww clever girl, well done, must have a chat to you on Sunday. Having said that, think I may have just broken me thumb on the heavy lid slammin down on it... ouch !!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..