Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 08:38   #16
God Member

Re: Hire Shops

OK, I've got a spade and a fork here if your stuck

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-05-2008, 08:41   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
OK, I've got a spade and a fork here if your stuck

I've got them but can't find the on/off switch on them
Old 11-05-2008, 08:43   #18
God Member

The switches are on Mels feet, big kick up your a*se and off they go

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 17:21   #19
God Member

Jewsons in the old Bus depot also have a hiore depot. Not sure if they have rotovators though.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 22:22   #20
God Member

HSS Accrington closed a few weeks ago as they are gearing up to one depot servicing Blackburn, Burnley, Colne and Accy. It will be at Whitebirk. HSS usually have the best stock availability as they have over 400 branches nationwide but the nearest is Whalley Banks in Blackburn. They do deliver but its about £12.50 each way and as its a big item you will probably need the van.

Speedy have recently opened in Blackburn. They are in the Little Harwood area in the old Hewden Depot.

Jewson in Accy do do Rotivators but you will probably need to order in advance so they can get one in.

Bansons are cheap as tissue and probably the first to try locally though.

Failing that I'd give Smiths @ Blackburn a try as they do have them in, cheap delivery and reasonable prices.

I'd recommend being wary of damage waivers as well. For 10% or sometimes 15% of the hire cost you can protect the mahcine against accidental damage or sometimes theft. Doesn't sound much but when you add that plus delivery and collection and VAT you soon take a £40 hire to over £80

A Rotivator will turn your soil over to a depth of up to 8". My recommendation would be to ring HSS Blackburn on 682316 and pre-order a light duty tiller. These are far smaller and will turn over around 2" of soil. It will also fit in the car so will save a chunk on that. Once you have done your garden the soil will be very easy to dig. If you need to go deeper than 2" (which you probably dont on yours Dave) you can literally just scrape the soil back and do whatever is underneath. Tillers probably cost around £30 + vat. Dont pay the waiver cos there's nowt to break as long as you are careful around bricks embedded and dont pay the delivery/collection
Old 11-05-2008, 22:43   #21
God Member

Cheers Macca. Good thinking about the tiller. Having seen the map for the Blackburn branch I'll go to Burnley

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..