Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2010, 20:06   #1
God Member

hospitals forgetting to operate?

In April i went to the hospital for my pre-op on my left shoulder, the nurse who did it said that my appointment would be through within 2 weeks...that was 13 weeks ago, do you reckon they've forgotten me?

i had the pre-op in Blackburn but was told i would have to go to burnley for the op, who do i get in touch with? Blackburn or burnley?

at this rate i'm going to have to have my pre-op again...AND my arm is getting worse
Old 13-07-2010, 20:43   #2
Beacon of light

Re: hospitals forgetting to operate?

I think your pre-op will need to be done again. I used to run the Gynae pre-op clinic at QPH(now RBH) and we aimed to do pre-ops no more than four weeks in advance of the surgery...but for most people they were in for their op in two weeks.
I would suggest you get in touch with the clinic at the RBH...and if you have no joy there then get in touch with the ward you were to have your op on in Burnley.
That might seem like an imbuggerance, but it can't hurt to contact both places.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 20:57   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't hold yer breath when ya get n op date shaz! Paris n i have a friend who is in great discomfort, shes had 2 ops cancelled in last 3/4 weeks n waiting fer another date, it really is going to crap.
Old 13-07-2010, 20:59   #4
God Member

thanx Marg

cashy that just awful, isn't there someone she can get in touch with to complain?
Old 13-07-2010, 21:08   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
thanx Marg

cashy that just awful, isn't there someone she can get in touch with to complain?
Dunno shaz, don't think shes a person that would anyway, just sits n suffers. they aint all like us.
Old 13-07-2010, 21:10   #6
God Member

i would usually complain but i havent even bothered with chasing my op up, don't know whats wrong we me recently, i just can't be bothered with anything
Old 13-07-2010, 22:20   #7
Clearly Classy.......

That's not like you Flashy, get them sorted. It’s probably because you are in pain all of the time that's why you feel you can't be bothered. Being in pain is debilitating and can get you down. Take some analgesia for your pain, wait 20 mins then chase up the date, I would start by phoning the practice manager at your GP surgery to possibly sort it out for you it you feel you can not be bothered. Or there's always Neil or I, we are very good at kicking ass and getting what we want, but at the same time are very professional and diplomatic! Let me know if you need any help hun, Good Luck...........

Rhonda
x x

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 22:33   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romps View Post
I would start by phoning the practice manager at your GP surgery to possibly sort it out for you it you feel you can not be bothered. Or there's always Neil or I, we are very good at kicking ass and getting what we want
And it just so happens that I have had a few words with our shared practice manager ( same one for all 3 surgeries Shaz) and I always get a positive response from her. It must be my nice voice
Old 13-07-2010, 22:36   #9
God Member

A friend of mine has had at least three pre-ops, could be more for a hip replacement over a number of months. They had the last one just last week and if the op isn't postponed is due to go in tomorrow.
Old 13-07-2010, 22:44   #10
Resting in Peace

For heaven's sake Flashy ... warning bells should have been ringing after 3 weeks ... 13 weeks !! Something has obviously gone wrong. Just can't be arsed that's what !! Stop whinging .. stop sympathising with her you lot and you Madam take control of your own destiny and get on that 'phone tomorrow and sort things out before you waste any more tax payers money because you can't be bothered. ..x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 05:14   #11
Resting in Peace

I had my pre op exam given a date for an op went in on that date "Nil by mouth"for 12 hours.
taken down to the room before the theater wired up to the monitors ecg oxygen mask an anesthetist next to me with injection ready to put me out waited 1 hour when the surgeon came in he said they could not do it.
i was taken back to the ward given a brew and a bacon butty and told to go home.
phoned the wife to bring my clothes
then there was a phone call from theater staff wondering where i was as they where ready and waiting for me but it was too late i had eaten so was sent home to wait another appointment
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 05:43   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
.......sort things out before you waste any more tax payers money because you can't be bothered. ..x
Thats a little unfair. They are the ones who have screwed up. She should have been given the date for the op before the pre op was done. What is the point of having a pre op assessment when they don't know when your operation will be?
Old 14-07-2010, 05:56   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
sort things out before you waste any more tax payers money because you can't be bothered. ..x

hold on Kate, how is THIS, MY fault? how is THIS wasting tax payers money? get a grip
Old 14-07-2010, 06:31   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
hold on Kate, how is THIS, MY fault? how is THIS wasting tax payers money? get a grip

Flashy ... was just trying to tell you off in a motherly type way that's all. I know things can happen in the N.H.S. and if you are 'non emergency', then can be put to the back of the queue.

To me, what you are going through with this is mental cruelty in its highest form .. waiting for that letter to plop through your door every morning and sad that to get anywhere in some cases, you have to fight like hell to get the cogs moving.

Just saying that so much time has passed since your pre-op, is apparent summat not right and you should have been on to them long before now. Looks like you will have to go through it all again and I feel for you.

An enquiry to them may have saved you all this .. at least you may been offered an explanation and put your mind at rest. Can't be bothered is just extending your anguish on this .. so get on that 'phone today and see what is going on.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 08:18   #15
Senior Member+

they forgot my Mum when she went into A&E at Blackburn after a heart attackthe nurses even admitted it!!! Flashy give em a bell, they may wind you up at first if they do say that have forgot about you but it will be better in the long run let us know how you get on chuck x
heth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..