Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2008, 18:59   #1

How healthy are you?

I've just been watching a programme on health issues and it was on the subject of eating. Now i don't think i eat that badly but when it asked you to cast your mind back and think of what you have had in the last week well that became abit fatty to say the least. Do you eat healthy options or do you stick with good old junk food?
Old 24-02-2008, 19:03   #2
God Member

Re: How healthy are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
I've just been watching a programme on health issues and it was on the subject of eating. Now i don't think i eat that badly but when it asked you to cast your mind back and think of what you have had in the last week well that became abit fatty to say the least. Do you eat healthy options or do you stick with good old junk food?

pot noodle sir?
pringles sir?

lol
Old 24-02-2008, 19:03   #3
Senior Member+

Pizza!!!!!!!!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 19:06   #4
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

well with what i eat lately i should be very healthy!!!

vegetables, fruit, wholewheat, chicken. the odd beef, ill look a a bloody rabbit in a bit, with all the salads i eat!!
Old 24-02-2008, 19:07   #5
God Member

I have a healthy diet ... all it took to get me to eat the right foods in the right amounts was four and a half hours of surgery, 3 days in the ICU, two weeks in hospital, and a year to get back to almost normal.

But I do like Pringles (or did) ... if any food was invented by a stoner, Pringles was .... a couple of gaggers, a few beers, and Pringles!!! Don't just eat one, eat 'em in stacks.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 19:08   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
pot noodle sir?
pringles sir?

lol
You always did like calling me sir
Old 24-02-2008, 19:08   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i have always ate what i liked, most of it is fattening n high chloestral etc, never been overweight in me life, used to have a full medical every 2 yrs with me job,n everything was normal, which really used to p1ss the lettuce eaters off. which leads me to believe,its all about a persons constitution, cos some poor sods only have to look at a cream cake. and leaves me to think i'm just a lucky sod in that respect.
Old 24-02-2008, 19:10   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Pizza!!!!!!!!!!

currys lol
Old 24-02-2008, 19:19   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Pizza!!!!!!!!!!

SANTA`S PIZZA........
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 19:20   #10
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

toppings pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-02-2008, 19:24   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i have always ate what i liked, most of it is fattening n high chloestral etc, never been overweight in me life, used to have a full medical every 2 yrs with me job,n everything was normal, which really used to p1ss the lettuce eaters off. which leads me to believe,its all about a persons constitution, cos some poor sods only have to look at a cream cake. and leaves me to think i'm just a lucky sod in that respect.
I'm the same haha, not exactly skin and bones but dead centre on BMI and I eat nothing but crap. Problem is I think its because I'm still young, once I hit 30 I've had it lol XD
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 19:26   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I'm the same haha, not exactly skin and bones but dead centre on BMI and I eat nothing but crap. Problem is I think its because I'm still young, once I hit 30 I've had it lol XD
yeh never know sam i'm 60 tomoz n i got away with it.
Old 24-02-2008, 19:29   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh never know sam i'm 60 tomoz n i got away with it.
my dad was like you cashman........he found out he was diabetic at 61
Old 24-02-2008, 19:32   #14
God Member

I am ultra careful about what I eat.
I am not very physically active due to disabilities, so I have a small appetite.
This is all the more reason to ensure that what I eat is all good stuff.
I avoid trans fats - only use natural fats - virgin olive oil and butter, avoiding all food additives.
I buy organic and free range whenever it is available, despite the extra cost.
I consider it wiser to eat less of the good stuff rather than get overfull on junk..
I have the time to cook using wholesome ingredients.
I make my own bread, biscuits and yogurt.

On my last grocery order I used Sainsburys and got some free samples of snack foods. I tried them YUK!! -Walkers Wheaty snack and oven baked crisps - both tasted very artificial and stuck to the roof of my mouth - I don't understand why people pay good money for cardboard junk food.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 19:40   #15

On the whole I’m fairly happy with my diet, it just lacks fruit, I’m not a fan of it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..