Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2008, 17:42   #1
Senior Member+

how impressed would you be?

I am watching this additive programme (should i worry about... on dave) and they are looking at the effect of additives on childrens behaviour.. they have gone into a school and chosen a class of well behaved children and given them a massive table of additive filled foods....

strangely all the children have gone mental!!!!!

bet the parents are gunna love them lol...

Do you think this is the best way to test this?
not exactly good for the kids is it?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2008, 17:59   #2
God Member

Re: how impressed would you be?

Surely the parents must of OK'd this
Old 23-06-2008, 18:00   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Surely the parents must of OK'd this
No doubt the parents got a backhander
Old 23-06-2008, 18:02   #4
Senior Member+

why would you want your kids hyper'd up?
I woulda said 'yeah... go for it.. but he's staying at your house tonight' lol

i meant to ask......would you agree to it?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 23-06-2008, 18:02   #5
God Member

Yeah, £200 for looking after em

Ooops different matter

My Bad
Old 23-06-2008, 18:04   #6
God Member

I wouldn't agree to it no, cos my daughter, who at the moment, is the only of mine to be at school at the min, is allergic to something in a food, not sure what yet, but something

We haven't been able to pin point what she is allergic to cos it only happened once, so no I would not allow her to take part, or my son for that matter, just in case
Old 23-06-2008, 20:22   #7
God Member

Well times are hard.. Iv'e told my son I might have to sell him for "medical experiments"..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 20:25   #8
Senior Member+

they would fetch my son back after half hour......... he would probably have eaten all their food by then and driven them insane...

Old 23-06-2008, 20:47   #9
Resident Waffler

I don't think one day of being hyper is going to adversly affect the children for the rest of their lives, provided the parents know the child is not allergic to anything. The parents would have to agree to it in case they gave a child something which could cause them serious harm - but presumably the schools would have detailed information of any known allergies too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 20:52   #10
Senior Member+

I would love to see them handle ty after all those additives lol

tbh i doubt anyone in the right mind would ask for him to take part in it.

Old 23-06-2008, 20:54   #11
God Member

My lad was allergic to dairy products when he were younger and even now at the age of 20 if he has stuff like pepsi ore cola he can get really hyper and become a pain in the bacside . He will even warn me if hes had fizzy pop before he comes round so as i can decide if im in the mood to put up with him lol..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 21:03   #12
God Member

My two eat a lot of junk - balanced off with good stuff too - but the one thing that sends them completely hyper, bouncing off the walls hyper is Vimto! I just won't let them have it at all. Then the other week we were over at my Mother in law's and she said she'd got Vimto instead of Ribena - as they were staying over for the night and we were going out I just let her get on with it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 21:06   #13
God Member

Gayle you are cruel Your poor mother in law
Old 23-06-2008, 21:12   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Gayle you are cruel Your poor mother in law
She loves it! In fact, she's the only one who has the patience to play 'shop' for eight hours solid when she has them to stay!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 21:18   #15
Senior Member+

ive done the same but it was my mums own fault.... i did tell her not to give him coke and she did it anyway...

she wont do it again

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..