Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2004, 19:34   #1
Len
God Member

JJB Soccer Dome Blackburn

JJB Soccer Dome Blackburn

Has any one been to view the new JJB Soccer Dome at Blackburn?

I have now been three times to try and view the new fitness club.
The first time we went, was on the opening night that was the 5th November (bomb fire night) but we didn’t arrive until about 9.00pm. The car park was empty, apart from about half a dozen cars and there was no visible signs of visitors at that time just a group of the staff presumably having a staff meeting so we decided to give it a miss and try later.

The second time I went. I got there about 8.00pm and the fitness club was closed so I went and asked at the reception desk. The young lass behind the desk said that it doesn’t open officially until the 22nd November but if I would like to come and view the fitness room, I would have to arrive before 8.00pm on any night before the official opening day. So I said will 7.00pm be ok and she said fine, she then gave me a pamphlet and off I went.

The third time I went to try and view the fitness room I arrived about 7.00pm (16 Nov) and guess what, the fitness room was closed again. So I went to the reception desk and asked when can I come and view the fitness room, another young lass said that if I want to come and view the fitness room I would have to arrive before 5.00pm.

Now what gets me, is that I, like many others, have to go to work for 5 days a week so that I can earn some pennies to pay for these sorts of facilities. How on earth are we supposed to get there before 5.00pm without having time off work and how have the viewing times changed from, before 8.00 pm to before 5.00 pm.
What’s going on? is there no management?
Anyone else having great success with the place.

Rant over.

Thankyou for listening.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2004, 19:41   #2
Senior Member+

Re: JJB Soccer Dome Blackburn

Ive been a couple of times to play football in the soccerdome and have a tournament with the Stanley Fans team tommorow there. Every time I have been it has been top quality and the facilities are great!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2004, 23:31   #3
Resident Waffler

Lightbulb Re: JJB Soccer Dome Blackburn

Soccer dome!

Would this be in the Pleckgate area?

If so then I wondered what that was.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 07:29   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

The Soccer Dome is on Haslingden Rd near Queens Park hospital. haven't been in there yet, the car park is usually fairly empty whenever I pass it but some of the facilities aren't open yet. I think I'll be giving the fitness suite a miss, as I don't use the gym that I'm already a member of.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 08:08   #5

as much as the new soccerdome looks impressive the prices arent according to a threaad on the blackburn forums its 60 quid an hour to hire a pitch and 35 quid a month membership for the gym im sure the globe centre on is a damn sight cheaper
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 01:19   #6
Senior Member+

60 quid?!

no way!!!

damnnnnnnnnnn

thats fire!!!!
Old 19-11-2004, 16:53   #7

after hearing more though from a mate who played there wednesday night the gym is worth every penny think im gonna have a look at it
Old 19-11-2004, 17:20   #8

the funny thing is they offer students a chance to get it cheaper but u have to go between 9-5 so as im at college how can i do this maybe its just aimed at uni students but i think they need to sort it out with all these rumours going rouns it cant be good for business

£60 quid a month that is a total rip of that surely cannot be right
Old 19-11-2004, 18:06   #9
Senior Member+

46 pound to hire a pitch.......
Old 19-11-2004, 18:24   #10

heard off an advertiser for the soccerdome its 60 for the pitches and 35 for the gym
Old 19-11-2004, 20:46   #11
Senior Member+

No, I've been 5 times now its 46 pound, still very dear
Old 19-11-2004, 21:57   #12
Senior Member+

yeah i spoke to a few friends and they said 40 for an indoor one

but apparently asda got asked to submit a team £10 for the team and then £10 per game

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..