Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2004, 15:59   #1
Junior Member+

kids activities

I would like anyone to let me know of any after school activities in the local area such as cheerleading, acting, street dance etc.
Thanks
Cklancashire
cklancashire is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2004, 09:19   #2
Senior Member+

Re: kids activities

Am struggling on this one too,my daughter has been on a waiting list for Brownies for over 8 months and has now been told it will be Sept before she can go.Would appreciate info on Brownie vacancies in Peel Park area....
Old 23-03-2004, 15:04   #3
Junior Member+

in clayton le moors there is dance club called the royal dance club.it is near the library.i m thinking of going with my friend paige this weekend.it is on saturdays 1.25-2.25 i think .there are some youth clubs aswell in gt harwood and rishton nd in some other places aswell
lara. age 12
lilysyvilla92538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2004, 16:13   #4
Senior Member+

Thanks for your reply Lara,it's a bit too far for us to go though.Hope you enjoy your dance at weekend.
Old 23-03-2004, 16:32   #5
mez
God Member

would you be interested in girls brigade? i dont know where it is but i could ask, my susan goes, but up ossy im sure they would have 1 in acc
Old 23-03-2004, 16:40   #6
Senior Member+

what age ya lookin at?
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2004, 08:12   #7
Junior Member+

Thanks lily, will ask my daughter if she fancies it. Enjoy your dance!! My daughter is nearly 9 and needs constant entertaining .... Girls brigade sounds interesting mez, would you mind finding out for me?
Cheers
CKlancashire
Old 24-03-2004, 08:23   #8
Senior Member+

Hi Mez
Gilrs brigade wolud be good,let us khow if you find anything out!Thanks for playing with the Roar,he's looking top notch today!
Old 24-03-2004, 09:07   #9
mez
God Member

hi ck & lindsey, got things going im just waiting for a phone call then will tell you where & when, i find them very good for boys as well as girls they take girls as young as 6 yrs old through to whenever,my susan is 16 & she loves going.
Old 24-03-2004, 12:02   #10
mez
God Member

girls brigade is in the baptist chapel nuttall st, on monday nights start 6-30pm, boys brigade same place dont know wot nite, leader angela grimes, to get to it go past old firestation turn first right soewhere round there// ok hope this helps/
Old 24-03-2004, 13:14   #11
Junior Member+

Talking Re: kids activities

or you could go to the majorettes .there is one in gt harwood .you can go to all kinds of events.

or you could go to the swimming baths in gt harwood cos you cn do otters(you can do loads of races n stuff there) there.

or you could go to brownies (you can find them in schools like st bartholomues or st huberts.

you could go up to cricket club near bowley scout camp .and do some cricket

lara.
lilysyvilla92538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2004, 15:09   #12
Junior Member+

My daughter already is a member of Hyndburn Youth Theatre which is on on a Monday night 5:30-6:30. The number for enrolling is 01282 427767 and it costs £10 a term, maybe your daughter might like this Lindsey
CKlancashire
Old 24-03-2004, 15:24   #13
Senior Member+

Mnay thanks for all the info,we will look into the Youth Theatre and Girls Brigade,it sounds promising!
Old 24-03-2004, 15:26   #14
Caz
God Member

Re the Girls' Brigade: There is also one(Monday nights) at Ernest St Baptist Chapel, near the Church traffic lights. maybe that would be more convenient if you live at Peel Park. Have the number if you need it.

The council used to have a list of clubs & organisations on their website. that might be worth a look, for other stuff.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 10:51   #15
Junior Member+

Thanks everyone for your help!!! I will look into all your suggestions! Post again any time if you hear of anything else !
Cheers
CKlancashire

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..