Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2007, 16:49   #1
God Member

laminate flooring

how much does laminate flooring generally cost, say by the square foot, and how much does it cost to be fitted?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2007, 17:30   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: laminate flooring

dont know the cost now blazey, but have had it n found it very cold, also the dog kept slipping on it. we had it covered.
Old 23-12-2007, 17:36   #3
God Member

Carpet absorbs noise -- hard floors don't.
Also, if you are in an upper floor flat, the people below you might be disturbed by the noise of you moving around.
I know it is trendy and more hygenic, but it has its drawbacks

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 17:37   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
how much does laminate flooring generally cost, say by the square foot, and how much does it cost to be fitted?
You can buy it pretty cheap now, depends on what quality you want, whichever you have it is important to fit it correctly, there are contacts on the net, so given your phobia, you can e-mail for quotes, I have to agree with cashy though, more people are removing laminate floors than installing it now, it is cold, slippy, noisy, nightmare for pets and kids with stocking feet, if you get water under it, it is ruined, even mopping some of the cheap stuff breaks the edges up, my house had it when I bought it, turned out everything underneath was rotten, and I had to replace the whole ground floor. Also, these cause problems for anyone who needs to get underneath them, ie plumbers, electricians etc.
Old 23-12-2007, 17:38   #5
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

dont like it meself, neighbours have it in their house and she is forever sweeping it!!.....full of dust!!....noisy too yaou can hear the dogs claws on it when it walks....
Old 23-12-2007, 17:42   #6
God Member

It's so yesterday
Old 23-12-2007, 17:45   #7
God Member

Wasn't particularly bothered about the cold or having to clean it, we clean the carpet everyday anyway. and we use large rugs which cover most of the floor anyway.

Just easier to replace rugs than to keep replacing carpet! Also we dont have dogs so clawing tapping on it wont matter, and we live in a house, not a flat

If anyone has had some fitted recently and has an idea of the price it was then i'd be grateful.
Old 23-12-2007, 17:52   #8
Senior Member+

I have it in my cinema room (for the acoustics, don't you know? ) and it was about £16 per pack, but that was a reduced price.
I wouldn't want it in my living room, as it is very cold and not very nice underfoot, unlike wood (which feels warmer and more natural.... obviously).

I fitted it myself. It's not hard to do and if you ever need to lift it so that workmen can access the floor underneath, then it can be re-laid again as long as you do it carefully. I know, because I lifted mine and re-laid it again last week.
Old 23-12-2007, 18:02   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I have it in my cinema room (for the acoustics, don't you know? ) and it was about £16 per pack, but that was a reduced price.
I wouldn't want it in my living room, as it is very cold and not very nice underfoot, unlike wood (which feels warmer and more natural.... obviously).

I fitted it myself. It's not hard to do and if you ever need to lift it so that workmen can access the floor underneath, then it can be re-laid again as long as you do it carefully. I know, because I lifted mine and re-laid it again last week.
So how much did you get per 'pack'? How many did you have to use?
Old 23-12-2007, 18:06   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
So how much did you get per 'pack'? How many did you have to use?
I think most packs are about 2 square metres.
Old 23-12-2007, 18:08   #11

It all depends on the quality you go for, you can get underlay to go under it which doesn't make it as cold. I had 3 bedrooms, hall, landing, front-room & dining room done a few years back with Pergo laminate flooring and it cost me £3000 including underlay & fitting, it's probably the mid-high end of the price scale. I love it and would never go back to carpets.

Have a look at this homebase page it will give you an idea on prices -

Online Laminate flooring selection from Homebase.co.uk.
Old 23-12-2007, 19:59   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkival View Post
It all depends on the quality you go for, you can get underlay to go under it which doesn't make it as cold. I had 3 bedrooms, hall, landing, front-room & dining room done a few years back with Pergo laminate flooring and it cost me £3000 including underlay & fitting, it's probably the mid-high end of the price scale. I love it and would never go back to carpets.

Have a look at this homebase page it will give you an idea on prices -

Online Laminate flooring selection from Homebase.co.uk.
Thanks alot
Old 23-12-2007, 20:06   #13
God Member

Also you need to remember that dust goes INTO your carpet, at least with laminate flooring you can see it and clean it up easier. There isn't (or at least shouldnt) be any less cleaning either way.
Old 23-12-2007, 20:12   #14
Senior Member+

i dont mop my carpet.. i have a really good vac tho....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 20:52   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I have it in my cinema room (for the acoustics, don't you know? )

You don't want that, trust me, Room acoustics really don't need hard floors as well as windows as it makes everything boom.

If you want somnething that doesn't sound like an echo-y drum boom box then get some carpet down asap.

get spikes on your speakers trhough the carpet to isolate them. but you really sound have some soft furnishings in the room to balance the room acoustics

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..