Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2010, 18:34   #1
Junior Member+

Local car sales garages

Hi all

Does anyone know of a car sales company in the local area that has a good reputation for quality used cars. I'm looking to buy a car in the next few days, and I don't fancy getting rip off.
I only have a small budget, about £2000, but I need something that's super reliable. I've been thinking of buying a VW Golf or a Volvo.

Oli
oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2010, 21:47   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Local car sales garages

At the price mate there usually trade ins, suggest ya take someone wi ya that knows there cars.
Old 24-06-2010, 22:26   #3

Do not buy a Golf without reading about their gearbox troubles, my step daughters had a nasty suprise having paid £2,000 for one
VW Gearbox Failure
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 17:15   #4
Junior Member+

I've seen a place on Rhyddings St in ossy, that sells cars. Anyone know if they are legit?
oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 18:19   #5
Senior Member+

There's Hugh Davies Car Sales on Burnley Road...he's been around a long while now, but i think most of his cars are a little over that ammount. Think there's a couple over Harwood way, there used to be a place opposite the Police Station but not sure if its still there, and there's one near where those Gypsies are camped out in Ossy!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 19:28   #6
God Member

most people would suggest japanese at that price point as they tend to be reliable

as for where, most dealers don't want to deal at that price point as they have by law to offer warranty etc which could wipe out any profit in one small breakage.

find someone who has a clue and go and look at some second hand cars, read up on the common faults of that model and check carefully.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 20:20   #7

Keven harts just off john street at oswaldtwistle
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 20:32   #8

Ste Little at westend ossy ,
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:25   #9

Arnold Clarkes on Henry st, Church
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 13:22   #10

Chapel Servie Station bottom of sandy lane, always seems to have nice stuff out and is always helpful...
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..