Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2008, 11:54   #31
God Member

Re: NHS Dentists

Well I think Oaklea is good as well or I wouldn't have recommended it in the first place.

When I went after I'd chipped my tooth they were great with me and fixed it up nicely. Only cost £16 which I thought was reasonable - expected it to be more like £30.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2008, 11:59   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well I think Oaklea is good as well or I wouldn't have recommended it in the first place.

When I went after I'd chipped my tooth they were great with me and fixed it up nicely. Only cost £16 which I thought was reasonable - expected it to be more like £30.
I had a chip in my tooth too. They fixed mine up nicely as well.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 18:00   #33
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

im with oaklea too and i have no problems either21.gif
Old 14-02-2008, 18:41   #34
Senior Member+

Ill give them a call, will go anywhere at the mo though
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 19:06   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Where is the Rindypotamus when you need him to tell his dentist story?
Old 14-02-2008, 20:19   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Where is he anyway?? thought he was only going for a week?? it's surly longer than that now.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 21:10   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I seem to remember Garinda having a horror story about Oakleigh too.

You can only speak as you find. It is good to hear that others have had no problems with the dentists there. They can't all be bad then. I only spoke up because two members of my family had botched work done at Oakleigh by two different dentists.

Personally, my trust in the place has been shot. That's all I'm saying.
Old 09-04-2008, 21:42   #38
God Member

I'm not happy. After our horrible experiences at Oakleigh in Ossy we decided to leave the practice and have registered our family at Antley Villa. They only do private now so it's £11 a month for hubby and me but the kids go free. I didn't want to have to do this but, like I said, my confidence in Oakleigh has gone.

Hubby went for a check up at Antley Villa today. The dentist there examined the work he'd had done at Oakleigh and declared it to be a right old botch up.

He'd had work done to a chipped tooth at Oakleigh but it was not packed properly, bacteria are getting in and it's going bad. It's going to take 1hr and a half and cost £146 to make right.

I don't mind paying for work but it's got me mad that we are having to fork out twice. We paid for Oakleigh to fix the problem, they messed up and he was in a lot of pain.Now we are having to pay again to correct their shoddy work.
Old 09-04-2008, 21:53   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I'm not happy. After our horrible experiences at Oakleigh in Ossy we decided to leave the practice and have registered our family at Antley Villa. They only do private now so it's £11 a month for hubby and me but the kids go free. I didn't want to have to do this but, like I said, my confidence in Oakleigh has gone.

Hubby went for a check up at Antley Villa today. The dentist there examined the work he'd had done at Oakleigh and declared it to be a right old botch up.

He'd had work done to a chipped tooth at Oakleigh but it was not packed properly, bacteria are getting in and it's going bad. It's going to take 1hr and a half and cost £146 to make right.

I don't mind paying for work but it's got me mad that we are having to fork out twice. We paid for Oakleigh to fix the problem, they messed up and he was in a lot of pain.Now we are having to pay again to correct their shoddy work.
Complain Lilly, I would. The NHS have a procedure in place, which has apparently been standardised - Info here
Old 09-04-2008, 22:03   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Complain Lilly, I would. The NHS have a procedure in place, which has apparently been standardised - Info here
Thanks for that, Bonnyboy. We will definitely be looking into that.

He's going to ring Oakleigh first and see what they have to say.
Old 09-04-2008, 23:19   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Thanks for that, Bonnyboy. We will definitely be looking into that.

He's going to ring Oakleigh first and see what they have to say.
I would just get my complaint in Lilly, no phone call or anything!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..