Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2006, 15:11   #1
Senior Member+

osteopath in accrington ??

looking for an osteopath or a place that does back,neck shoulder work/massages in accrington - not for me but for my wife, she's still in pain 1 year after a car crash....

phone numbers, websites, personal opinions welcome

all help appreciated
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-01-2006, 15:15   #2

Re: osteopath in accrington ??

Try Martin Dixon, at The Accrington Clinic (bottom of Avenue Parade) He is the medic for the British Martial Arts squad. Both my husband and myself have used him and we were very happy with his treatments.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 15:21   #3
Senior Member+

have you got a phone number ?
and does he do back, shoulder, neck work ??
and what else do he do ??

thanks
Old 22-01-2006, 16:16   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby
Both my husband and myself have used him and we were very happy with his treatments.
I wasn't, he seemed more interested in booking my next appointment than actually treating me. Go to Blackburn instead and try Mr Gutteridge on Preston New Road.

Last edited by Neil; 22-01-2006 at 19:08.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 18:29   #5
God Member

I would recommend John Bradley, Osteopath in Clayton, right at the traffic lights near Sparth House. He treats the whole body and was a great help with my back Tel - 381545

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 18:44   #6
Senior Member+

I am with Neil on this one.............Dixon was just after dragging it out.... Mr Gutteridge was so much better.... he treated my neck and back which had been out of line for 10yrs after a car crash...Dixon would still be working on my back now Gutteridge just looked at me and asked if I had ever been in a bad car crash?? I said yes but 10yrs ago..... He got it right just lookin at me.....

An after the treatment..did he book me in again????? NO he just said if it does not get better come back

Gutteridge gets my vote and many more that I know that have used him
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 19:56   #7
Senior Member+

right, now I have the dilema of who to send the wife to ??
the blackburn one which seems highly spoken of or the one next to sparth house ??
I think that she may go to the one at sparth house purely for the convenience factor ( just down the road ) but I also think the blackburn one may be good too ( who has a number for Mr Gutteridge) ??
how much does this type of thing cost so I know what I am letting myself in for ??
if anyone wishes to add anything else then feel free..
I shouldnt say that really cos if it means she wont be in pain then so be it....

thanks for putting me in this situation folks....
Old 22-01-2006, 21:04   #8
Resident Waffler

A member of my family went to John Bradley after getting fed up with getting nowhere at Martin Dixon's and had nothing but praise for him. Something that had been dragging on for ages was sorted out in two visits.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 21:16   #9
Beacon of light

My hubby went to Martin Dixon and was not very happy with the treatment......he just seemed keen to make money......and he didn't make any difference whatsoever to the back problem.
MR Gutteridge in Blackburn has been going for years and I have heard he is very good.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 22:52   #10
God Member

The thing with John is he won't suggest more treatment if he really doesn't think it warrants it. Also he will be honest about how much he thinks he can improve the injury. He's also great at fully explaining exactly what is wrong and what's causing the pain. I think it's £30 per visit but long term if it helps, which it did me as I was completely seized up. But he was also honest enough to tell me that my back problem was degenerative and would always give me problems but only to see him when it gets unmanagable as he knows I'm not the most flush person around cash wise. He always said when booking next appt not to worry if it felt better before appt as he had no probs if I wanted to cancel.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2006, 15:53   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I've never been to an osteopath but I have heard excellent things about John Bradley. My ex hubby used to go to Martin Dixon (he's probably still going there now). His problem was never resolved and it cost a bloody fortune.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2006, 22:19   #12
Give, give, give member

Gutteridge is the best.

Martin Dixon cured me of something else with his Ying and Yang malarky, but I don't know about his reputation as an osteopath.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..