Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2015, 12:38   #16

Re: Pearl House

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
dont remember it being top of pearl street,thought it was on birtwistle street i think i,m sure it was a house for wayward/stray young ladies? at that time in the 60s i lived at black annies on birtwistle street and was known to associate with a young lady from the said establishment.lol maybe time has dimmed the brain cells but i'm sure that was pearl houe.
Was that not Holly House? A couple of my friends rented rooms there in the early 70's........although they weren't 'wayward', just short of somewhere to live.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2015, 23:21   #17

I think Sandypanels used to be in Pearl House. They made fibreglass car body parts. There was a big old boat parked in the yard. Frank Sanderson would know if this is right or not, I have seen him on Accy web looking for old employees of Sandypanels a few months ago.
putsinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 15:23   #18

Not joking about the tunnel Bob. I found it when excavating with JCB. It was brick built and about five foot high, filled in towards the big Railway shed, but quite long towards Lonsdale St. Perhaps Mr Anderton had quite a past? Frank
Frank Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 15:35   #19

That old boat was the ex RNLI boat 'Langham'. The first motorised boat. Originally had a large Tyler petrol engine fitted. Self righting with brass balls to stop water getting into engine compartment. We restored it, used it for diving etc and eventually gave it back to the RNLI. It now lies back at Bembridge, Isle of White, where it was stationed. . 100 launchings, 100 loves saved. Frank
Old 05-01-2015, 15:44   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
Was that not Holly House? A couple of my friends rented rooms there in the early 70's........although they weren't 'wayward', just short of somewhere to live.
I remember a house on Blackburn Road that took in lodgers. An acquaintance of mine stayed there once and a young lady jumped into bed with him. He said it was "outrageous". Never thought to hear that from an Accrington lad and something you never forget. Frank
Old 05-01-2015, 16:19   #21

I can do "Outrageous" What was that address again Frank. From the chief laminater Sandyboy Marine. Do you still have the house in Largs?
putsinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..