Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 17:39   #1
Junior Member+

Post Pop Firm

Hello all I live in Bradford , when i was a lad there was a company called Stantons of Accrington used to come round with large jars of Sarsasparilla , what happened to Stantons please .
stinsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2004, 19:28   #2
Senior Member+

Welcome Stinsfield.Born in Bradford myself.Lived in Laisterdyke, home of the very first Morrisons.Lived on a place called Pawson Street.Went to Bradford Moor Junior and Tyresal Secondary
Old 04-01-2004, 09:54   #3
Junior Member+

Hi Mik .I worked at Newboulds Bakery Dick Lane , knew the area very well , i lived at Horton Bank Top , now in Shelf . Nice to hear from you , do write again .
Old 05-01-2004, 16:22   #4
Senior Member+

ee by gum you are going back 31 years here.Racking all corners of my brain to remember the names of places.Live in Bavaria now in germany .Been here for the last 21 years.This year will be 22.you get less for murder.LOL!
Old 05-01-2004, 18:31   #5
Junior Member+

Pawson Street was Planetrees Road i think , llots of houses pulled down there now , i am retired now so no worries , own gaffer , why go to Germany ? Family all live in Bradford yet . It was lovely down Bowling Back lane , plenty pubs , plenty cafes .
bye for now , Pete
Old 06-01-2004, 11:59   #6
Senior Member+

Aye thats right Plaintrees Road.there was a cash and carry down there.Big Church where i sang in the choir.We left Bradford when i was 10 years old, mum had enough of the father beating her and us kids up.Moved to Accrington.Left there in 1982.No Jobs, no future and not looking good in general.Finished my apprenticeship, got my backpack on and left England.My whole family was here already having moved out here 6 months earlier.Only have a bros and a sis here now.All the rest moved back.years ago.Father in bradford was called Martin Hardaker, local thief and bully.Well you know all now!!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 15:09   #7
Junior Member+

Hi Mik . I cant imagine what a cultured accent you have now , a Bradford , Lancastrian , with a hint of German . Thanks for your trust Mik , too many buggers despense their feeling on to their families , you were correct in leaving , thats when its hurts them when there is nobody to thump. my father was a boozer but not a violent one fortunately for him he was only 9 stone wet through . I cant get any answer to my question re-Stantons pop , it seems all Bradford people remember Stantons of Accrington , but no Accringtonians remember Stantons ... Cheers pete
Old 07-01-2004, 10:00   #8
mez
God Member

all i can remember bout stantons pop bottles was /// they made damm good hot water bottles /// lol
Old 07-01-2004, 11:16   #9
Junior Member+

cheers Mez , well its a start convincing Accrington folk there was a pop firm that came to Bradford from there , and yes they did make good water bottles kept bed warm all night , but didnt half thud if slipped out of kip .. lol Pete
Old 07-01-2004, 18:36   #10
mez
God Member

stantons pop, was made up ossy at wot isnow a garage selling cars nr black dog pub at the bottom of new lane , they went out of business around 30 yrs ago , but they made the best sarsapirilla around :d
Old 08-01-2004, 09:28   #11
Junior Member+

Hi Mez .thanks for reply on pop firm , i was nobbut a lad when they used to trawl the streets of Bradford with them cone shaped wagons , with all pop in slots down back , it was certainly POPular in our part of the world . Pete

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..