Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2010, 16:27   #1

Prom Hairdressing help?

Hello, its soon to be my prom (8th july to be exact) and i was just woundering does anyone know of any good cheap places/people who could do my hair for prom?

Recently ive booked a appointment at a hairdresser in accrington (no named mentiond) and they want me to pay £25 for a trial +& £25 (depending how many hours it takes) for the actual time. which is very exspensive. considering everything else my mum+dad have to pay for.... limo,dress,makeup,shoes and what ever else haha

So if you know anyone who would be cable of doing it for me? prefable come to my house if they could (would be easyier)

Giving me a list of details, cost,time etcc. here is some pictures i was thinking about getting my hair like

this kind of hairstyle. isnt really just for prom... because i'd have to get a side fringe or what ever which will help me find a new hairstyle aswell

http://aimhigh12.files.wordpress.com...le-2010-01.jpg

ive got some more ideas if that doesnt work out aswell <3 x thanks Love from sarah <3
Old 24-06-2010, 17:10   #2

Re: Prom Hairdressing help?

hello Sarah - hope you have a great prom ! Have u tried Mirage on whalley Road ??? I don't reckon they would charge as much as £25 for the type of style you show. Why not give them a call - rachel is very good - she did my daughters for her prom last year. They also have their own facebook site.
Maria
Mariam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 18:00   #3

PM sent
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 18:28   #4
God Member

Hair Angel are in Accrington/Oswaldtwistle Sarah.
There is an email address and phone number, you could ask for a quote.
Old 28-06-2010, 16:05   #5

Well tomorrow, what i will do. i will ring around all the hairdressing numbers, everyone has given me, and compare prices <3
Old 01-07-2010, 18:44   #6

Can I just ask, what do they mean £25 for a trial? I'm confused, do they want you to have it done twice?
Old 01-07-2010, 19:11   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
Can I just ask, what do they mean £25 for a trial? I'm confused, do they want you to have it done twice?
Yep, that's basically what it means. All they do is try a few different styles first to see what best suits you and then decide on what to have done on the day!
I had a hair trial for my wedding, (But it didn't cost me, thank goodness!!) xx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 21:04   #8

Its quite silly charging me twice. my mum said that is totally wrong, because if they were really good hairdressers they wouldnt have to do a trial, they would be able to give me advice on wether it was good/bad or what would be better.

By the way 'erindoors' im booked in with your daughter in law now , Thanks very much for the help <3
Old 01-07-2010, 21:07   #9

I think you're booked in with my daughter in law
She's very good and will advise you what looks best etc, like your mum said. You will get to meet me too, I'm going to look after my grandson
Old 02-07-2010, 07:15   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahLouise View Post
Its quite silly charging me twice. my mum said that is totally wrong, because if they were really good hairdressers they wouldnt have to do a trial, they would be able to give me advice on wether it was good/bad or what would be better.

By the way 'erindoors' im booked in with your daughter in law now , Thanks very much for the help <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
I think you're booked in with my daughter in law
She's very good and will advise you what looks best etc, like your mum said. You will get to meet me too, I'm going to look after my grandson
Ok, now I realise why I got a pm asking me to pass on a message . I did not have a clue who you was going on about Sarah, lol.

So, Sue..... The pm Sarah sent me said;

Hello .im not booked in with samantha XD i was just woundering please could you ask samantha if i'd be able to do it abit earlier, because i dont really want to be rushing around LOL, because everyone whos coming with me for the prom, is coming to my house, so i will have to be ready and at mine earlyier <3 Thanks again <3

Hope that makes more sense to you than it did to me....

Gail x

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 13:54   #11

No it's not making sense to me either, I will PM Sarah Louise now to see what she means. Thanks for passing the message on
Old 02-07-2010, 16:06   #12

hahaaa i dont what happend there haha. i think i just typed the name above my comment LOL. and i said it wrong aswell. i meant i am now booked in.

Aww thats cool <3

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..