Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2009, 07:15   #1
God Member

Pumpkin Seeds

I appear to have an abundance of these today...someone told me that Pumpkin seeds are good for you, is this true?

and if so...what are their benefits?
Old 31-10-2009, 07:26   #2
God Member

Re: Pumpkin Seeds

Dry them in the oven first and then you can scoff `em...............we have loads too HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Gillian McKeith | You Are What You Eat
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 07:27   #3
God Member

cheers cocker

was thinking of planting a couple too, you ever tried growing your own pipples?
Old 31-10-2009, 07:29   #4
God Member

I have but failed miserably.............keep a few for next year and give it a go, i am going to have another try, obviously don`t dry `em out first though.....lol
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 07:32   #5
God Member

they are gonna be dry if i keep a few back for next year arent they...how long do they take to grow anyway?
Old 31-10-2009, 10:48   #6
Senior Member+

I got told that you need to let them dry out on a window sill (indoors), then put in an envelope and in the fridge for 6 - 8 weeks. Take out and plant in little pots and leave inside until early spring. Then re-plant into a growing bag and put outside. Was also advised to put straw around the bag to try and stop the slugs as they seem to love them
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 11:04   #7
God Member

What you don't plant - eat
Pumpkin seed power: also known as pepitas, magnessium-rich pumpkin seeds are especially delicious in autumn when you can roast them fresh | Better Nutrition | Find Articles at BNET
..storage tips shown in the link

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 11:06   #8
God Member

cheers for that Em, i've dried some seeds in the oven and eaten them already, they taste nice (i even realised i had to shell them before i ate them)

i've also put a few in a tub to leave till next year, i assume its one seed per pumpkin
Old 31-10-2009, 11:06   #9
God Member

ta Margaret
Old 01-11-2009, 15:16   #10

Pumpkin seeds, are they the green ones you can buy in snack packets at the supermarket?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 20:22   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Pumpkin seeds, are they the green ones you can buy in snack packets at the supermarket?
As you are from Burnley try this.Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipes - Home Cooking

Try not to confuse Pumpkin with Bumpkin all different ball game

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 17:02   #12

Hmm, if they are the green ones, available as snacks from Asda etc then they make you fart something rotten!
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..