Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 22:46   #1
Senior Member+

question about seat belts?

does anyone know if its possible to extend seat belts if they are too short for car seats?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2009, 00:20   #2
God Member

Re: question about seat belts?

airlines have seat belt extenders which they pass out to the obese who are too fat for the regular belts to fasten , the fatties whose body lard pours over to the next seats , not sure they would be legal in a car though.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 00:51   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
airlines have seat belt extenders which they pass out to the obese who are too fat for the regular belts to fasten , the fatties whose body lard pours over to the next seats , not sure they would be legal in a car though.
do they provide a shovel for teh poor sod sat next to them as well t scoop them back into their own seats ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:59   #4
Senior Member+

lol, i meant replacing the seat belt with a longer one, its got to be cheaper than getting a new car

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 02-09-2009, 08:10   #5

Have you been eating too many cream cakes?

I take it that it is an inertia seatbelt? they do come out quite a way.
How much longer do you need it to be?

What car is it for? (thats important to know)

Have you googled for seat belt extender?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:19   #6

Try this

Seat Belt Extender, Extension: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:20   #7
God Member

I take it you mean for a childs car seat??
Is there no Isofix fixing points in your car? better than using the seat belts if there is

http://www.britax.co.uk/safety-centre/what-is-isofix/
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...num=6&ct=image

www.ubuntu.com

Last edited by K.S.H; 02-09-2009 at 08:23.
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:23   #8
Senior Member+

its a citroen saxo and erm no i dont think there is... its not a very child friendly car, doesnt have child locks either

thanks mattylad, not too sure how safe they would be with a car seat tho.. id rather get the whole thing replaced

Old 02-09-2009, 08:26   #9
God Member

What year is it?

www.ubuntu.com

Old 02-09-2009, 08:27   #10
Senior Member+

2000 aparently.... i havent got the foggiest

Old 02-09-2009, 08:28   #11
God Member

Hmm, might have just missed out then

www.ubuntu.com

Old 02-09-2009, 08:32   #12
God Member

One here on a "V" plate has them Used Citroen Saxo Cars for Sale, on DesperateSeller.co.uk

www.ubuntu.com

Old 02-09-2009, 08:34   #13
Senior Member+

oh no... what a shame, people carrier it is then

Old 02-09-2009, 08:35   #14
God Member

OK, 2000 year+ model has them fitted
Citroën SAXO Crash Test

Quote:
The Saxo was introduced in February 1996 and was re-styled in Sept 1999. The 2000 model year car features a drivers airbag, front safety belt pretensioners and load limiters and ISOFIX anchorages (passenger and rear outboard seats). Optional equipment: passenger airbag & side airbags(head & thorax).

www.ubuntu.com

Old 02-09-2009, 08:43   #15
God Member

PMSL, just thought I'd have a browse through the crash test web-site, clicked on the next page from the Saxo and come across this one, early Citroen crash test
Citroën TRACTION AVANT Crash Test

www.ubuntu.com

« bus passes | Espn »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..