Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2011, 14:46   #1
Junior Member+

Reasonable hairdressers in the area?

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced hairdressers in the area? I just want a fairly simple straightforward cut, as my hair is overly long. I am not looking for anything elaborate, just a good quality haircut. I live in Rishton, but would happily travel to Blackburn, Accrington, Great Harwood, Altham, etc. I don't really want to pay more than £10-15; less if possible, but no more.
rishtongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2011, 15:19   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Reasonable hairdressers in the area?

I can recommend Adams Barbers in Ossy. He is opposite the War Memorial on Union Road.

If its girly hair cutting you want then I am told the lady in the girly side of the building is very good as well.
Old 17-08-2011, 16:25   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Ol' Mossies from Rishton, I'd advise against using his barber having seen the kip of is 'ead !
Old 17-08-2011, 17:39   #4
Senior Member+

The hairstylist at the Beauty Sanctuary on Whalley Road (accrington) at the top of the bus station (above the East Lancs Hospice shop) is very good and they do some great special offers too.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 18:01   #5
Junior Member+

Thank you Sparkie. It's nice to see this question finally being answered in the same spirit as it was asked. I haven't heard of the hairdressers you mention, but sometimes the smaller independent salons do a better job in a more friendly way than some of the larger places. This is the kind of thing I was looking for.
Old 17-08-2011, 21:12   #6
God Member

I have my hair cut at Overheads in Great Harwood, last time it cost me £12 for a cut and blow done by Debbie there, if you do go there say Lesley recommended her

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 21:34   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I have my hair cut at Overheads in Great Harwood, last time it cost me £12 for a cut and blow done by Debbie there, if you do go there say Lesley recommended her

Thanks Harwood Red. Do I need to ring for an appointment, or do I just turn up? I'm going away next week to visit the in-laws, and would like it sorted before I go, if possible.
Old 17-08-2011, 21:57   #8
God Member

How about trying a mobile hairdresser? Mine charges £10 for a cut and blow dry, if you want her number pm me and I'll send you here telephone number
Old 17-08-2011, 22:01   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishtongirl View Post
Thanks Harwood Red. Do I need to ring for an appointment, or do I just turn up? I'm going away next week to visit the in-laws, and would like it sorted before I go, if possible.
Try ringing them (number removed and pm'd to her - Neil), I am sure they could fit you in. May not be with Debbie but that is just who I see. Double check the price when you ring too as I do have to go with my hair already wet as I can't lean over their sinks due to a neck problem so they may well give me a slight discount lol

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!

Last edited by Neil; 17-08-2011 at 22:50. Reason: removed phone number as per rules
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 22:17   #10
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Try ringing them (number removed and pm'd to her - Neil), I am sure they could fit you in. May not be with Debbie but that is just who I see. Double check the price when you ring too as I do have to go with my hair already wet as I can't lean over their sinks due to a neck problem so they may well give me a slight discount lol
Thanks for the tip! I will ring them tomorrow and tell them Lesley recommended that I should go. Maybe you'll get a discount next time you go in!

I walk with a stick due to mobility problems, but I can lean over a sink OK. I will double check the price, as funds are limited. That's true of most people today, we don't have money to chuck around. I will drop by here afterwards and let you know what happens. My hair is long at the moment, but I want it shortening - maybe into a bob, but I haven't decided on the specifics as yet. Thanks again, I appreciate the advice very much.

Last edited by Neil; 17-08-2011 at 22:50. Reason: removed phone number in quote as per rules
Old 17-08-2011, 22:19   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
How about trying a mobile hairdresser? Mine charges £10 for a cut and blow dry, if you want her number pm me and I'll send you here telephone number
Thanks Bernadette, but I live in a first floor flat and it is a small space to put hairdressing stuff.
Old 17-08-2011, 23:29   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishtongirl View Post
Thanks Bernadette, but I live in a first floor flat and it is a small space to put hairdressing stuff.
I live in a first floor flat as well, as do quite a lot of her customers. You would be surprised at how much stuff these mobile hairdressers carry round. Worth a try in my opinion but up to you at the end of the day. When I moved here I was paying over forty pounds for a colour, wash and blow dry. Now I get the same treatment for half the price and can afford to treat myself more often
Old 26-08-2011, 19:20   #13
Junior Member+

i go to plus 2 in accy, i havent been for a while, but the prices are ok. why dont you ask if they have any trainees? theyre overseen by a qualified, and are a lot cheaper, and a dry cut is also a cheaper option
stxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:54   #14
God Member

Thanks for the recommendation, Bernie, I am well pleased with the lady you use, and will use her again.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..