Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2010, 21:31   #31
God Member

Re: Should kids be allowed in pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I'm sort of ok with kids in bars ... as long as the parents take care to keep a lid on them ... In Ontario, kids are allowed into bars that serve food; but, they have to be gone at 7:00 pm ... that gives the adults plenty of time to get shltfaced ... 7:00 pm 'till 2:30 am .... the group that should not be allowed in bars are the disgusting, drunken, puking, slobbering, attitudinal assholes.
In other words, Canada can't work out how to run it's pubs. Why the hell, then, was this country awarded the 2010 Winter Olympics? There is no snow in Vancouver, spectator transport ain't running as it should, competitors are being killed wrapping themselves around lamp posts and the cost of it all as ballooned from C$600m to C$3bn.

I'm quite sure we could have done a better job in Accy back in January.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2010, 23:27   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Are kids optional or compulsory with that group of people?

No .... I'm talking about kids, If they can't hold their booze, they should be turfed, just like adults
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 00:04   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
In other words, Canada can't work out how to run it's pubs. Why the hell, then, was this country awarded the 2010 Winter Olympics? There is no snow in Vancouver, spectator transport ain't running as it should, competitors are being killed wrapping themselves around lamp posts and the cost of it all as ballooned from C$600m to C$3bn.

I'm quite sure we could have done a better job in Accy back in January.
If you knew anything about Canada, you would know that licensing of pubs has nothing to do with the Canadian govt. .... and if you knew anything about geography, you would know that it rarely snows in Vancouver, and that Whistler is over two hours from Vancouver ... and if that Georgian had been more competent in the sport he entered, he wouldn't have come to an unfortunate sudden stop .... and, with an economy that didn't suffer as badly as most others because we know how to manage our banks and financial institutions, who cares about a few bucks, as long as the party is successful.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 09:18   #34
Resting in Peace

My parents never took me in a pub, there's plenty of time for visits to the pub when kids are old enough to do so
Old 18-02-2010, 09:30   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
My parents never took me in a pub, there's plenty of time for visits to the pub when kids are old enough to do so
n ya sure made up fer it.
Old 18-02-2010, 09:38   #36

Never would have taken mine in either, cant see the point not a good place for children in my opinion.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 09:51   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Perhaps if you gave the places that had a big capital 'M' sign or a old boy with a goatee beard sign, an alcohol licence, you wouldn't have the complaints that you do about sprogs in pubs.

Although, if that did happen, I would want to ban grumpy old men from any family friendly place.
you have to be drunk to enjoy a kebab , could you imagine the state of people who wanted to actually enjoy a big mac they would be paraletic

ps:

if you want to see a pool team panic stick 50p in your kids hand and send them to teh pool table lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 10:50   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
n ya sure made up fer it.
What you on about cashy I've always been as sober as a judge
I'll get mi coat
Old 18-02-2010, 11:47   #39
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
but according to a survey done parent s are not disciplining their kids .... they dont want to be seen as being over strict

Modern parents avoid discipline for fear of upsetting their children | Mail Online
My parents beat all three of us when we were naughty and it gave us a healthy view of right and wrong. Moreover, the neighbours thought nothing of giving us a good telling off and then dragging us home for another pasting if they caught us up to no good.

Kids today know very well which words will set alarm bells ringing whether based in fact or not. God bless the compensation culture that has made adults afraid of children through simply uttering the word 'paedophile' or 'assault'.

I'd far rather see a child being given a decent dressing down in public than left to run wild for the 'benefit' of the rest of us thinking they're a good parent.
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 13:58   #40
Senior Member+

NO!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 19:40   #41
Senior Member+

I have no problem with well behaved, supervised kids in pubs. I have been taking my child (now 14) to pubs for lunches/ special meals etc since she was tiny, she has never caused any trouble and we have never been asked to leave anywhere. A lot depends on your choice of pub I suppose but we stick to child friendly ones. I do agree that badly behaved kids are a nightmare though and witnessed just such an occurrence the other week in one of our fave pubs, I really don't know how the landlord kept his patience!
Old 25-02-2010, 10:21   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Did they leave you out side feeding and wiping down the horses.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 17:32   #43
Senior Member+

It is not the children that are responsible for bad behaviour - it is the parents, and about time they accepted the responsibility
Old 25-02-2010, 18:50   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I have no problem with well behaved, supervised kids in pubs. I have been taking my child (now 14) to pubs for lunches/ special meals etc since she was tiny, she has never caused any trouble and we have never been asked to leave anywhere. A lot depends on your choice of pub I suppose but we stick to child friendly ones. the landlord
Exactly Lindsay .. pub/restaurants are a different ball game to pub pubs if you understand.

They cater for families and usually have play areas. I have taken my children to this type on many occasions, which are an excellent compromise between a McDonalds and a restaurant and great value, and gave me a little outing too. Like Neil said ... are a suitable place for the family to get together for social time.

As for taking them in just pubs ... well, no, wouldn't (myself) have been happy with this. Young children get bored quickly with adults chatting to each other and, after consuming their coke and crisps will be curious about their surroundings, therefore wandering off and bugging other 'drinkers'. In my opinion, not their fault they sometimes misbehave.

On the few occasions I have visited a certain pub at lunch have seen customers come in with babies in prams .. and for some reason this doesn't sit comfortable with me either .. perhaps I am old fashioned though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 19:03   #45
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
On the few occasions I have visited a certain pub at lunch have seen customers come in with babies in prams .. and for some reason this doesn't sit comfortable with me either .. perhaps I am old fashioned though.
I know there's a problem with under age drinking in UK but, this is a tad extreme isn't it ?

No kate not old fashioned, just responsible & thinking the morals & standards of some of the younger generation does get you to pondering.

Last edited by Neil; 25-02-2010 at 20:01. Reason: fixed quote
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..