Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2006, 00:01   #1
Junior Member+

Question Suggestions for photos of Accy

Hello

I'm hoping you'll be able to help me here. I'm going to be off to Japan at the end of March for 2 weeks to stay with a host family, and I was planning on taking some photos of Accrington to show them what it's like where I live... however I've pretty much no idea of what to take pictures of (views off the top of the coppice and of Broadway are the two that I've thought of so far). It'd be nice to get some good shots of some architecture so any suggestions for interesting buildings to photograph would be greatly welcomed. Also any suggestions for other interesting photos would be appreciated.

My thanks in advance

Whoever said "The pen is mightier than the sword
" has clearly never been hit by a sword.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2006, 00:10   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Suggestions for photos of Accy

The Market Hall and the statues on top. One of my favourite buildings.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 00:27   #3
God Member

check out the gallery on here, there are some good local pictures in there so if you have internet access over there thats another option for you

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 01:42   #4
land of hope and glory

what about the kwong ming blackburn road,fortune cookie down town, have a look in the gallery you will get the old and new, and what about some of accy stanley.........sure kipax wouldnt mind but ask him first before copying.:engsmil:
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 02:27   #5
I am Banned

why not take some of our parks there is gatty, or even oak hill with the beautiful house in the grounds,even the viaduct a brilliant piece of architecture,rows of terraced houses something they may never of seen before. The list is endless.goodluck!
MANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 20:21   #6
Beacon of light

St. James Church and maybe a picture of the gravestones.
Haworth Art Gallery.........A picture of a mill chimney. The coat of Arms.
that's just a few to be going on with.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 21:40   #7
Junior Member+

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll have to have a walk round on Saturday and get some pics done (not working then ^_^). If you happen to see some guy walking around in german camoflauge jacket/ hat combo and a camera, feel free to point me to anything you think would be worth a shot ^_^.

I'll get the pictures I get uploaded to the web, if I manage to get any good ones.

Whoever said "The pen is mightier than the sword
" has clearly never been hit by a sword.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 21:54   #8
Resident Waffler

The Accy Cog outside Scaitcliffe House?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 22:28   #9
Member.

Take a wide angle shot looking down Little Blackburn Road and another looking down Abbey Street. Don't forget the areas that you yourself love and will remind you of your home, as crappy it might appear to others you will miss it.

There an art shop up top of Blackburn Road, they have a print of the view looking down Blackburn Road Circa late 50s early 60s. Shows the Town Hall and Market Hall on a wet Accy day with an Accrington Corporation Transport Leyland PD2 resplendent in it Blue and Red paint outside the Town Hall. £125 framed. I will be over for it on Saturday. You should get one and it will show them what it was like and remind you what we are. Proud Folk.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 00:28   #10
Give, give, give member

People that come to Hyndburn as my guests are amazed at the roofs on terraced houses, on steep streets. They aren't graduated, they are a continuous roof running the length of the street, and when it's pointed out you do realise that they don't have them in other parts of the country. The streets running down to Manchester Road are a prime example.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 17:31   #11
Resident Waffler

How about following the Acorn Trail and seeing what there is worth photographing along the way?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 14:00   #12
I am Banned

I will put a hundred or more local JPGs on a CD for you from my extensive collection of photos which include a selection of architechural gems. PM me if interested.
treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 21:42   #13
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
How about following the Acorn Trail and seeing what there is worth photographing along the way?
So that's what you and your models where doing on Warner Street the other day, sorry for not introducing myself but you did look a bit busy.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..