Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2005, 14:18   #1

trainers???

ok what is it with "clubs" and their no trainers policy???
last night we went to accrington for a few drinks and a bit of a dance after the meet....
we went to the bridge as its usually got a few decent songs playing. only to be turned away at the door because a member of the party was wearing trainers...stylish trainers at that!!! was it my imagination but only a few months ago everyone was saying that the pubs and clubs are dying a death because people are drinking elsewhere??
so why turn 3 people away who would have stayed all night drinking and dancing just because one of them was wearing trainers????? its not like the bridge is that classy an establishment!!!!!
Old 25-09-2005, 14:21   #2
white rabbits

Re: trainers???

the worlds gone mad shiney gem.. its all politicle corectness now,,it was the bridges loss,,
Old 25-09-2005, 14:35   #3
I am Banned

the bridge is a good pub when busy but i have to be honest i think they should allow trainers

its not the cleanest place and after 1 night in there my shoes were absolutely knackered because of the crap they picked up

if your gonna enforce a dress code at least make it clean enough to wear decent gear
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 14:35   #4
I am Band

Unhappy Re: trainers???

I suffered the same problem in the Bee's Knees, when we had an Accyweb meeting in town that finished up at the Arden.

Probably about 10 of us had been in the 'knees for about an hour, having had a couple of rounds of drinks and not causing any trouble, and also having doubled their clientele by 200%, (yes it was that quiet at 8:30pm on a Saturday evening), when one of the knuckle scrapers came up to me and said, "I'm afraid that will have to be your last drink in here tonight. You can't wear trainers in here after 9 o'clock."
I replied by saying that we were due to leave anyway. Not because of the trainers issue, but because the beer was sh*t.

I cannot understand the door policy of these places that don't allow trainers to be worn, without question. I accept that a pair of scruffy trainers would look down-market in a classy establishment, but this is Accy that we're on about here.
Some of todays trainers are a damn sight more expensive than many pairs of shoes.

At the end of the day it is the Bridge that will suffer through lack of custom, by turning you away last night.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 14:42   #5

exactly!!! and the funniest thing was that we ended up in la dee da's!!!!! who let us in!!!! lmao!!!!!
Old 25-09-2005, 15:24   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree with sparkys comments, the world has gone crazy, their loss was la-dis gain though i would have refused gem lol
Old 25-09-2005, 15:44   #7
land of hope and glory

how does tinks get in with no clothes on then ?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 16:00   #8
God Member

oopppps well I'm sorry I actually agree with the 'no trainers policy', it's not an old rule it's been the policy for as long as I can remember. People should know that if your wearing trainers to go into town you ain't getting in the pubs. If they allow trainers were will they draw the line, next will it be people whingeing they can't get in with tracksuit bottoms or in their work overalls?

I was on the receiving end of a 'no football shirt' policy in The Bridge when we beat Germany 5-1 in World Cup qualifiers, I thought it was harsh when I was wearing an England shirt but hey, rules are rules, I just gave the doorman the nickname Mr Patriotic
Old 25-09-2005, 16:03   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
how does tinks get in with no clothes on then ?

pmsl Stag ............... by special request of the doormen, to clear the pubs at kicing out time, the punters run screaming for their taxi's
Old 25-09-2005, 16:58   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
the punters run screaming for their taxi's
That's what a certain taxi driver told me
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 17:26   #11
g78

The thing that makes me laugh though is that the whole 'trainers' thing is so out of date. You look at most top nightclubs in major cities, and major stars who frequent them and trainers etc are just part of todays fashion.

Guess it just goes to show how far behind accrington town centre is.
Old 25-09-2005, 19:30   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
The thing that makes me laugh though is that the whole 'trainers' thing is so out of date. You look at most top nightclubs in major cities, and major stars who frequent them and trainers etc are just part of todays fashion.

Guess it just goes to show how far behind accrington town centre is.

mmm you may find cities like Manchester are even more backwards then ......... besides 'no trainers policy' some of their boozers won't allow footwear such as Rockport boots and items of branded clothing like lacoste and Stone Island.
Old 25-09-2005, 19:53   #13
God Member

I think the rule of no trainers should be flexible, scruffy ones on an obvious thug fair enough, but a smartly dressed bloke in trainers, as Sparky said they often cost more than shoes!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 21:43   #14

It's a stupid rule.I've got loads of trainers,some very expensive yet I could wear a knackered old worn shabby pair of shoes and get in,whereas wearing a pair of trainers worth £100 i'd get turned away.At least I don't tuck my pants in my socks though,lol.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 12:03   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was talking to somebody last night that called in the bridge sat night,they said there was some travellers in and they didnt feel comfortable-so they left! but decent folk wearing decent trainers are UNDESIREABLE, do me a favour!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..