Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 08:16   #226
Resting in Peace

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I bought a mobile Air conditioning unit in January (last years stock going cheap) - looking forward to using it soon.
do you have to put a pipe out through the window for it to work...

I am thinking of getting one, and are they any good....

cheers Magpie
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-06-2007, 09:34   #227
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
do you have to put a pipe out through the window for it to work...

I am thinking of getting one, and are they any good....

cheers Magpie
Yes it is a 'pipe through the window sort' - (Hyndburn Homes wouldnt like me to knock a hole in the wall .)
They work like a fridge in reverse. I havent used it as a cooler yet but have tested it's heating function to make sure I hadn't bought something duff. You can get air coolers which just blow air over ice, and they are cheaper, but my cousin in Wales has one like that and she says she wished she had paid a bit more and got one with refridgerant.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:42   #228
Senior Member+

Ive got my shorts on, t-shirt and sandals.
Appologies in advance if it snows tomorrow.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 18:10   #229
God Member

Today we have a cold front moving in from the north of course. This will clash with the warm air mass and give us a storm, a nice relief from the muggy high 20s we had for a week. Thank god for the lake ... on the hottest days a five minute walk brings me to the water and the cool breeze.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 20:21   #230
Senior Member+

Put on my wellies today waiting for the snow and it turned out to be a lovely day again.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:37   #231
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Put on my wellies today waiting for the snow and it turned out to be a lovely day again.
you been on the....LOL
was a bit breezy though, especially in the shade
Old 06-06-2007, 11:15   #232
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
you been on the....LOL
was a bit breezy though, especially in the shade
Wish it had been a bit breezy in our factory,it's like working in a greenhouse when the suns out & i'm on 2-10(glass panels in roof).And to rub salt in my wounds there always seems to be folk sat outside pubs en route to work.
Old 06-06-2007, 14:43   #233
God Member

We have a nice northerly air flow today .... good clean Canadian air ... the air quality is great ... the sun is out .... and the walleye season is open ... it don't get much better, and this weather is set in for a few days. With the looney at a 20 year high, I might just sail over to New York and stock up on cheap booze. A few belts of some potent potable makes the great weather even better. What goes well with bbq walleye? White wine? Vodka? Beer? What the hell, some of everything. As an aside, Ontarians spent over 4 billion dollars at the liquor stores last year. A new record. Drink up, eh!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:17   #234
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

well whats happened to the weather today then?, bit dull innit, but close, wonder if we will get thunder, havent had a good thunder storm for ages
Old 07-06-2007, 12:17   #235
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
well whats happened to the weather today then?, bit dull innit, but close, wonder if we will get thunder, havent had a good thunder storm for ages
Try eating gassy foods.
Old 08-06-2007, 18:57   #236
Yank in King Art's Court!

FRI

98°F 36°C
72°F 22°C

Nuff Said!

BEA

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 23:49   #237
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
FRI

98°F 36°C
72°F 22°C

Nuff Said!

BEA
Ouch, ouch, ouch.
Old 14-06-2007, 18:40   #238

i cant reach to close my window and im cold. Do builders not believe it small people
Tombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 13:30   #239
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

well was gonna have a bloody barby saturday but that looks like its gone out the window, but it wont stop me having a drink!, ill sit under the gazebo if i have too!, typical isnt it, we moan when its raining we moan when its sunny,......thats life!!
Old 20-06-2007, 18:32   #240
God Member

A wonderful weekend just passed, especially great because on Saturday, Kingston celebrated First Capital Day .... (Kingston was the first capital of Canada) ... Yesterday a thunderstorm which cleared the air, and today: Back to balmy.

It's comforting that I am so many kilometres away from most of you ... however hard you throw the rotten fruit at me, I'm out of range.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..