Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 08:18   #541
God Member

Re: weather??

well Reece and Ciara have been out in the snow since 8.30... i think they know it aint going to last, my recycle bin seems to be coming in very handy...for making snow castles
Old 02-02-2008, 13:47   #542
God Member

Well that didn't last long

I let the kids play on the back ally at 00:00am cos I knew it would have all gone today.

It was weird stuff....me and Ginger challenged the neighbors to a snowball fight at about 00:30am, so there were 4 adults and 4 kids running riot on the back ally

the snow ( if ya can call it that ) actually looked more like someone had opened the bedroom window and emptied a bean bag in the garden.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 19:53   #543
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Well Jackyalex hasn't been on tonight..... bet her electric is off again.
no thankgod, i was working at the school last night, glad it didnt go off , couldnt be doing with 42 kids screeming in the dark lol
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 21:27   #544
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Well that didn't last long

I let the kids play on the back ally at 00:00am cos I knew it would have all gone today.

It was weird stuff....me and Ginger challenged the neighbors to a snowball fight at about 00:30am, so there were 4 adults and 4 kids running riot on the back ally

the snow ( if ya can call it that ) actually looked more like someone had opened the bedroom window and emptied a bean bag in the garden.
That wouldn't be real snow, it would be ice pellets, sort of halfway between snow and freezing rain. (We Canadians are experts on snow.)Last weekend we had the biggest blizzard of the decade ...60cm of snow, gale force winds ... a real doozey. We are still digging out in Kingston. Thirty big plows owned by the city and a couple of hundred private plows (some guys put blades on their 4x4s and clean up parking lots and big driveways worked full time for two days to make the streets and the sidewalks passable. Now we are almost back to normal, and we have above zero weather for a couple of days which should put us in good shape for the next big one.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:32   #545
God Member

Seems like the next major snowfall will arrive on Friday and last thru Sunday ... bring it on!!!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:36   #546
Yank in King Art's Court!

<LI class=cf>
Culpeper, VA
  • Wednesday

23° / 4
Weather can't make up it's mind down/over here. Should be back to "normal" this weekend though.

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 17:41   #547
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

been sunny in accy today, but bloody freezing
Old 06-02-2008, 17:59   #548
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
been sunny in accy today, but bloody freezing
Cold maybe, but "bloody freezing"! Bloody freezing is what Alberta and Saskatchewan went thro last week ... temps into the -50s with the wind chill factored in.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:20   #549
Resting in Peace

We think we have it bad here, what about those poor sods over the pond. Saw the news this morning about the Tornado's in America, thank goodness we don't get them here
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 17:47   #550
God Member

Another blizzard last night .... time to go shovel.
Old 07-02-2008, 19:04   #551
Resting in Peace

Haha .. my thermometer on caller display today was showing -58 degrees. Oh, my goodness, the end of the World !! Then realised dropped it the other day and connection come adrift .. back to normal now ... 51 degrees F. Phew...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 20:25   #552
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Haha .. my thermometer on caller display today was showing -58 degrees. Oh, my goodness, the end of the World !! Then realised dropped it the other day and connection come adrift .. back to normal now ... 51 degrees F. Phew...
The coldest I ever experienced was -57f ... In Buffalo Narrows, Saskatchewan. Thank god there was no wind.
Old 07-02-2008, 21:09   #553
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The coldest I ever experienced was -57f ... In Buffalo Narrows, Saskatchewan. Thank god there was no wind.
Eric .. will ya' please stop bragging about yer snow and bloody low temperatures...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 16:54   #554
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Eric .. will ya' please stop bragging about yer snow and bloody low temperatures...
Hey, we're Canadian ... what else do we have to do this time of the year. I could brag about how we still dominate our national sport (hockey is a winter thing too), unlike a certain country who last won a world cup in 1966.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:25   #555
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hey, we're Canadian ... what else do we have to do this time of the year.
Join the other snowbirds and drive south to the Gulf coast , spend some Loonies in Mississippi and Alabama , every C$ spent with a local business helps with the local re-construction and keeps the multi-national chains out
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..